Ratings for Dr. Anna V. Durkin

Best Dentist in Carlsbad. With two prime locations, it makes it easier to care for your dental health along the 78 freeway.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Best dental care in San Marcos. The prices are fair and reasonable. I was able to make arrangements to pay in installments.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Professionalism yet friendly at all times. Treatment plan discussed in advance and appointments available at convenient times. Thanks Dr. Anna

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Great and helpful staff,easy to get to locations in San Marcos and Carlsbad. I had same day appointment and same day service, everything worked out greatly.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Found the office next to my apartments in Carlsbad through Google search. The office has best prices and I'm happy with the dental work I've got.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I went for a cleaning an later for my wisdom teeth to be removed and each time they tried to sell me on a mouth guard and other services. They seemed more interested in selling me new products than actually treating my problems. My wife also went for an appointment to get a filling done and it fell out after 3 months.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2012

I was there as a new patient for exam and cleaning .Durkin looked at my mouth for a few seconds and insisted that I grind my teeth at night, saying that I was not aware of it because "I did it while I was asleep." She sent an assistant into the room who explained that my cleaning was 100 percent covered by insurance, but the mouth guard Durkin wanted me to purchase was not; it would be $300. I declined and opted just for the cleaning. But the hygienist gave the same pitch, repeating herself, aggressively, then tried to sell whitening. I refused the pitch and asked for my x-rays back. I was told that would be $25, so I just left. I immediately called Assurant and complained; they agreed it was unacceptable. They said Durkin got paid for anyone on their "roster" of patients, even if the patient was not treated. So, Durkin not only got money from my visit from Assurant, but she also would have gotten $300 from me if I'd been naive enough. She is unfair and unethical. Do NOT go here.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

flag | Submitted July 28, 2011

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

I had the worst dental experience ever here... and I didn't get anything done. Once I got in the chair (25 minutes after my appointment time), they took x-rays. They ended up re-doing the x-rays 3 times for some reason. I have a small mouth, so x-rays are rather painful for me. No one (including Dr. Durkin) seemed to be aware of the fact that I have a small mouth because they didn't make any adjustments to accomodate me like other dentists have done in the past. The office itself seemed outdated (the x-rays were the old fashioned ones). It was rather difficult to understand her and her staff. She told me that I had all sorts of things wrong with my teeth, but failed to show me what she was talking about (by using the x-rays or other visuals), and I'm 26 and healthy. Her staff was incorrect about what/how much my insurance would cover. I got out of the chair before any treatment, and went home and called my insurance company for answers. I will never go back there.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2008

Dr. Anna V. Durkin's Credentials

Banner Health
  • Blue Cross Medicare Select
Healthnet
Mercy Care (Ahcccs)
Phcs
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)