Ratings for Dr. Gregory A. Ricketts

I have been a patient of Dr Gregory Ricketts since spring 2015 after my PCP retired. Based upon my experiences with his care, I will no longer see him without someone else with me. He has absolutely terrible bed side manner. Some of my treatment with him has been cruel on visits where I was alone. He doesn't explain anything without sounding condescending. I do not require a "chatty" Dr, however I do expect to be treated with respect. I also expect important questions to be answered and explanations when needed. I would NOT recommend him to anyone. He may have knowledge, however it does not come across that way. I'm going to try a Nurse Practitioner, if that does not work I will be requesting a different physician. The care is so uncomfortable that I avoid scheduling appointments. Which is just sad.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I've been his patient for more than 4 years and couldn't be happier with my experience. He has treated me for a variety of problems and on occasion has made time to see me long before I expected to get an appointment. He is always friendly and willing to socialize briefly during and after my problem has been addressed. When appropriate he has recommended other specialists. I was not expecting nor did I want an "old time" family physician who would "chat" rather than treat. It took a few visits to develop a relationship but I have never been dismissed or rushed out of the office. While he may not be right for everyone, I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Have been seeing Ricketts for over 10 years and was never satisfied. My wife and children agreed. He does not seem to care about his patients, just another body. Never looked into long simmering symptoms. Under his "care" my wife passed away without a word of sympathy from him. I'll be seeing someone else from now on.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2014

Dr. Ricketts has been my doc for around 8 years now. I feel a little rushed through when I see him, but the only doc I don't feel that way about is my chiropractor. I think it's become the "norm" to rush, rush, rush... He is very knowledgeable, but does over prescribe. I usually only go to him after my chiropractor has no natural method or I am just too impatient to actually fix the problem myself.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

Dr. Ricketts reminded me of a child ****. He is kind of a strange guy. I would not leave your child alone with him, if I were you. He was somewhat helpful, but still kind of strange.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2004

Dr. Gregory A. Ricketts's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)