Ratings for Dr. Katrina Moore

Katrina is a really mixed bag...she has little to no bedside manner, sometimes you may crack a laugh out of her and other times you go in to talk to her and come out feeling depleted! She has great knowledge, although she takes a somewhat pessimistic approach. Surgically she did a great job, and she does know a lot of specialists, who have all told me they fear her, and will get you into appointments earlier, but I feel her communication is terrible, she is very stern and most of the time she won't even listen to you. If I had the choice over again id see Kylie Snook at the poche centre

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

This breast cancer came up suddenly due to free beastscreen program through Australian government. So basically between the 23/1/2017 being green breatscreen and received notice on the 31/1/ 2017 that they wanted me in for more tests 2 days later. Of course I cried and was worried and told I had breast cancer on the day. My choice was to go privately really soon or gwait about three weeks at RNSH was not an option due to mostly my husbands concerns. Long story hopefully short. I agree she is a good surgeon and basically my boob has minimal invasionBUT if you are looking for someone you can cry to don't bother. If you say hi hi how are you? Don't except a fine, how are you! She actually is the only person who did not bother to call me to see how I was doing. Her assistant, anesthetist and breen cancer clinic did! She also told me about out of pocket expenses which areWAY over so far. I told my friend who is also a doctor this story abc she was surprised abc said maybe she was having a bad day! BS not as bad as mine! Just beware! Oh and ps the only reason she got a 2 is because I can now resume my boob modelling career at 62! Lol

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr Moore came recommended and for good reason. She is extremely knowledgeable and professional. I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer and Dr Moore explained all my options and provided plenty of information to help my decision. She is incredibly busy but she will spend the necessary time required with a patient (above and beyond) which is why she sometimes runs late. I can not fault her for this because just as I appreciate her for taking time to talk me through things, I can't begrudge her doing the same for others. Don't be put off if she gets straight to the point and is a little 'clinical' initially, Dr Moore is a vault of information and shares that with you to ensure you can make an informed decision. She also called other specialists in my presence to arrange immediate appointments and those specialists were also the best in the field and incredibly professional. They even reviewed my results over the weekend and called me on a Sunday to arrange for more tests. I felt incredibly reassured being treated by Dr Moore and her team.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I was referred to her by my GP due my concern about risk factors. I did not realise she was a surgeon until I walked through the door. She was rude, she never reviewed my previous mammograms even though she said she would and nobody told me she never did this until I found out about a year later. I presume that her surgical skills are good, they would have to be given her terrible bedside manner and risk management procedures.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Fantastic breast surgeon, calm, professional and caring. I would recommend her and her fantastic receptionist Sarah who makes sure that in a difficult and emotional time, things run as smoothly as they can. Dr Moore took time to explain the options clearly, was thorough, efficient and very caring in her approach. The recovery time was shorter than expected, no doubt due to her high level of skill. Excellent care.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013