Ratings for Dr. Tony El-Azzi

This dude and his assistant are a constant comedy act. I would love to go out with them for a drink if it wasnt weird. It also distracts you from thinking to yourself that someone is drilling holes in your teeth. Definitely more down to earth than most people in that line of work.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

I was being treated by a dentist north of the bridge, but after months (September to December) of trying to solve a toothache, nothing worked! Root canal didn't help, crown didn't help, not even a night guard. I read some reviews and went to see Dr Tony, expecting to be disappointed once again by another dentist. It was his last day of work before the holidays, and he had a plane to catch. His schedule was fully booked, but he asked his receptionist to fit me in because I was in pain and the holidays were coming. For the first time in my life, a dentist took more time analyzing my teeth than talking me into a costly procedure. Problem found : check! Problem tooth : not the one that had the root canal treatment (although he said the one that did have a root canal treatment might have been a problem back then, but it isn't now). A few minor adjustments and I was out of there. No more pain. Not that day, not a day since (it's been over 10 days). I ate all the foods I wanted for Christmas and I can enjoy my New Year drinks without a toothache!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I was in serious pain from another dentists botched work and not only did he see me right away he did emergency surgery to correct it!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I am super anxious when it comes to the dentist, so my cousin recommended I go see Dr Tony. He was really helpful when it came to explain the options I had. I opted to have my teeth fixed under sedation, and Dr Tony and his two wonderful assistants made it my best dental appointment to date. I woke up happy, never felt sick or in a bad mood, and most importantly, never remembered a thing! I would definitely recommend him for those who need to be put to sleep!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Since we got evacuated from the mac, I went to see a dentist in a fancy Calgary clinic. When he saw the work that Dr Tony did, he had nothing but good things to say. I have always been happy with his work, and having a professional tell me the same is reassuring. I can't wait for the fires to be put out so we can all go back to our routines and see our normal doctors.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I saw him this weekend in Vancouver for a lot of fillings. He provided IV sedation and the whole procedure was awesome. He is a compassionate young man who did not make me feel like my million questions were bothering him. He took all the time I needed to fully understand the extent of the procedures I was having done. He even gave me a number to call 24/7 after the procedure in case I have any concerns. He knew I was very stressed about dentistry and really made me feel at ease. The only thing I didnt like is that he doesn't work down in Vancouver full time, but in Alberta.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

I have nothing bad to say. The guy is a rare find. One of my employees was injured at work a few weeks back and we had to take him to the hospital. He was released a few hours later with broken teeth and his lips were wide open. After another dentist saw him and told him he needed to go back to the hospital in EDMONTON to see a surgeon, we asked if another doctor was present. The young lady dentist went and consulted with Dr Tony who agreed to see my guy. He cleaned him up, took care of whatever was broken, made sure his lip was fixed up nicely and told him to take it easy for a few days. He completed all the extra documents we needed for the insurance claims at no charge (its the first time I see a doctor fill out long forms for you for free...). 2 days later, he called my employee to check up on him and got him back for a follow-up visit the week after. Everyone at work was impressed with the results considering how bad the injury was. But I was impressed with how Dr Tony saved our day.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

I brought my son in to multiple offices last week after a snowboarding accident, but no other doctor would see him on such short notice. Dr Tony and his assistant stayed later than their usual shift to see my son, treat him, and make sure he is not in pain anymore. I would give him A+ for caring

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

I went to see Dr Tony two weeks ago for a root canal treatment. I was referred to him by a friend who saw him last year for a few problems. I had spent the night before on Google learning about root canals, or so I thought. Needless to say, because of what I read online I was certain I was going to die. Dr Tony was very reassuring, and most importantly, very honest. He explained to me all the risks and complications of the procedure in detail. He did not pretend like it was a risk-free procedure. He had all the info already printed on a form and he took a good 10 minutes to go through it with me, which is more talking than I've ever had from any type of doctor. I never really take the time to write a review for anyone, but I felt like Dr Tony really did more than I expected a dentist to do. Oh, and it really helps that the whole thing was painless!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

I was told by a friend to go see Dr Tony at River City Dental. He is a charming and very thoughtful guy! He took the time to explain to me my condition and didn't rush me into taking a decision right away. He gave me all the information I needed and when I came back for treatment, he was the most gentle dentist I have ever been to. Since then, my husband and my brother's family have been seen by him, and we have nothing to complain about.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014