Ratings for Dr. Alan E. Singer

Dr. Singer is a wonderful and caring doctor. Took the time to answer all my questions. when it came to booking surgery he was very informative and took the time to explain the procedure. Would recommend him to anyone looking for a podiatrist.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Treats the person, NOT the "foot". Offers ALL options. Does not push surgery. Wonderful doctor !

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

Dr. Singer is tremendously caring. He treats my family as if they were his own. He has avoided surgery on me and my 2 children. My kids love him and can't wait to see him. He even got us in to see a specialist for an unrelated problem just because he cared. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

My mother, concerned about my (moderate) bunions and flat-footedness, took me to see him when I was a young teenager. I was experiencing no pain or problems whatsoever (at at the age of 21, still not). But Dr. Singer very strongly recommended surgery, saying that my bunions will get uncomfortably worse and citing a similar surgery he had just done on a teenager. Fortunately my mother and I had the good sense to ignore the recommendation. As a growing child, some simply exercises can do a lot of help.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

I am a very active person; 20 years of exercise yoga, many times hiking 10 miles a day, strenuous archaeological field research, etc. Dr. Singer ruined my physical activity level when he performed surgery to correct a broken metatarsal. A second surgery was necessary which resulted in the loss of 1/2" of bone, tying of tendons, etc., so I would have most of the function of my left foot. I now cannot wear even 2" heels and even in flat shoes my foot comfort is lost forever.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2009

Extremely caring. Treats person NOT just as "foot". Always offers ALL options of solution. Very gentle.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2009

Dr. Singer would see 4 patients at a time and the average time waiting for him would be over an hour. Totally unacceptable. Very unprofessional demeanor AND a simple surgery on my big toe caused it to become shorter, thereby causing problems for the other toes. Dr. Singer (not an M.D.) was rude, treated my questions about my surgery with disdain and made me feel that I shouldn't even ASK anything....to let him handle it all. This is NOT the way a doctor should communicate with a patient. I had to go to an othopaedic specialist to have further surgery done to correct what Dr. Singer had caused. My new surgeon said that he gets many of Dr. Singer's patients to correct what was previously done in Dr. Singer's surgeries. I would never, ever refer anyone to him. I have never written anything like this before - and at 58 years old, I hope I never have to again.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2009

This is a very bad doctor! should be forced to retire! past his time. made improper suggestions/asked inappropriate questions. did not help the situation of foot problems. tried to double bill us, after insurance paid, and we did the proper co-pay. He tried to cause us many problems that were without basis. He is a strange and unethical man, and should no longer practice medicine.!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Dr. Alan E. Singer's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1968)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bethesda, MD