Dr. Shelton R. Penn

Ratings for Dr. Shelton R. Penn

This place is TRIFLING, DIRTY , UNSANITARY AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. They do not properly clean and sanitize their instruments, they never wipe down or clean the rooms. They use the same drills in everyone’s mouth, HIV patient or not. They OVER charge for procedures, a cleaning should only cost you $50 maybe $20 more depending where you go. NEVER DO A CLEANING FOR $150. They over charge to compensate for the little payment they would get from your insurance company. He does not provide a clean, sanitary dental office to practice in. He treatment plans people for things they don’t need then forget about it. He should just retire. RAMONA PENN calls patients bitches and etc. she said one of her patients DEBRA RAY made her “pussy hurt” . They wipe their instruments with peroxide and alcohol and never sterilize them in proper sterilization equipment. They do not follow HIPAA or OSHA laws and regulations at all. They change employees like they change their DIRTY DRAWS. Very unstable and in professional. They overwork employees and under charge them.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

DR PENN IS THE BEST DENTIST EVER AND I MEAN EVER FILLED 3 OF MY TEETH NO ANESTHESIA .............. NO FEAR WITH DR PENN.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

The office is very shabby looking - in an old rowhouse - not the clean and professional-feeling environment that makes me confident about the quality of care. Dr. Penn was clearly a nice guy. He's very personable, talkative and friendly, but was a bit too touchy and not very professional. It was the fastest cleaning I have ever had - no more than six minutes. Once I got home, I looked at my teeth and noticed that the tartar removal was really superficially done. The whole experience just felt like cutting corners. Given the state of the office, professionalism, and quality care, I will not be back. Would not recommend Dr. Penn to others.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

Great doctor and staff, just wish he did specialities, he's always available in emergencies.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2012

Ok, I admit I hadn't been to a dentist in about 2.5 years when I went to Dr. Penn, which I wrote on the form the staff gave me for new patients. Nevertheless, I brush twice a day and floss once a day, but still had tartar buildup, which typically requires a dentist's tools. When I told Dr. Penn my daily routine he insisted that I was being untruthful. His assistant repeatedly suggested that he take a look at my form/chart, which he ignored. He also got snappy with her when I guess she wasn't holding the light the way he wanted her to. He worked hard removing the tartar but also removed some of the dental "glue" that holds my permanent retainer in place, which caused my teeth to noticeably shift. I had to go back to my orthodontist for her to adjust and rebond it back into place. All in all, it was not a great experience, and as soon as open season comes around I'll be switching my insurance and going back to my family dentist.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

Painless dentistry. I kept waiting for my tooth extraction to hurt after the numbing med wore off, it never did. Well pleased with the care my family has received for over 20 years.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

Dr. Penn has been my dentist since I had my first tooth and I find him to be very kind and loving. But as I got older there were things that he was not able to fix which led me to switch dentist.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2011

Dr. Penn has been our family dentist for over 10 years. His dental office staff is friendly, welcoming, and his office has a family atmposphere feel. Even though we now live in Dover, PA we still make the trip to Washington, DC for our dental appointments. He's worth the trip!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

I found the Doctor & staff to be very professional & helpful. Doctor is very personable loves what he does.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2010

Dr. Penn is a very good dentist. He tells you what he is going to do and his rates are reasonable

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

Dr. Shelton R. Penn's Credentials

• Georgetown (Grad. 1978)

Molina