Ratings for Dr. Esteban Chan

Dr. Rabin was my dentist since I was 5, my grandfather who was a dentist found him for us, then Dr. Chan joined and they made him our dentist. We though Dr. Rabin had retired, but then during my visits I saw Dr. Rabin there working. At first he seems a very personalable guy, but then I would bring up things we'd previously discussed and he didn't remember and made me feel like I was crazy. He did my new night guard for grinding and had NO idea what he was doing. As a patient I should not feel like I know more about something than the doctor does. He even asked me why I wanted it to be thickened, the grooves in it would be obvious to anyway. He convinced me to get a new one, which costs a lot. I cried on the way home after him attempting to fit it went so wrong. He tried to get my mom to get Invisalign to fix her teeth, when we went to an orthodontist he said that Invisalign would not work for my mom's teeth. While the staff is wonderful, Dr. Chan cares most about making money.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

Dr Chan was able to get me in the same day for an issue I was having. Very impressed and I can tell you is he will be my new dentist. I have also reccomended Dr Chan to my staff.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011

I've known Dr.Chan for several years. He is a stand up guy and a terrific Dentist.I wish everyone had his outgoing personnality. you get 2 for the price of 1. a great Dentist and a comedian too. Nothing is worse than seeing some stiff. Chans the best..

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

Dr. Chan is excellent and I highly recommend him. I went for many years without seeing a dentist because I really dislike it. He makes you feel very comfortable and his bedside manner is fantastic. He is great at explaining what needs to be done and how to do it. Never a long wait, and his staff is very friendly. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2009

Esteban is a great dentist! I sincerely appreciate the way he treats all his patients. Even when I'm in the waiting room, I can hear him chatting with a patient, making him/her laugh. He's very personable and knowledgeable. I go to his office in Chinatown. The facility isn't impressive, but that detail is totally eclipsed by Dr. Chen's personality and service. His partner, doctor Tiu, I'd avoid. The latter is really really grumpy.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2008