Ratings for Dr. Frank B. Calhoun

These negative comments are nothing like I experienced. I am an RN and was very impressed with his knowledge. Yes the big tv is on but you don't have to watch it. I respect the fact that he don't hand out narcotics like candy. He took excellent care of me when I lived in the area God Bless

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

This doctor is a joke. I sat with my Mother at her first appointment for 4 hours the second one for 2 and 1/2 hours. She gets her meds through rightsource, which he wouldn't fax because of the cost, so she sent them by mail, over 3 weeks ago. She called to see where her meds are and he hasn't responded to rightsource despite their attempts to reach him he will not call back. okay I get the, It costs me money to fax them excuse, no problem we took care of it, but its your job to respond to Rightsource, Dr. Calhoun. I told her at her first appointment that I didn't like him. I will be searching for another doctor for my Mother, hopefully we will find one who isn't so stuck on "I'm religious" and one who really loves God and is concerned about his patients. I was not impressed with anyone or anything at this office and would advise that if you have anyone you love with real medical issues to go somewhere else, don't waste your time!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

I think Dr. calhoun is indeed a very knowledgable doctor HOWEVER, he lets his religious and personal beliefs interfere with his practice. For example he won't prescribe Benzos, Certain Pain Meds, or Anti-Depression medications because he doesn't believe in them. his staff doesn't impress me AT ALL. I had blood taken from a woman who was sent there from a TEMP AGENCY. And to make it worse she was scheduled for training a month later, to do the job she was doing already! Are you serious dr calhoun? Also after 8 years of being on Methadone 120mg, he took me off of it without warning, causing me to go into SEVERE narcotic withdraw which landed me in the E.R. I was in there several days while they pumped me full of medications and Methadone until my body readjusted. the e.r. doctor told me that was VERY irresponsible, and could have caused me to have a severe seizure. Not to mention the AGONY i went through. Last time, I had to call them to get my results, they didnt even follow up

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

Dr. calhoun seems knowledgeable, but you will have to wait a very long time to see him. There's no need to try to make an appt because it will take just as long if you walk in.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Avoid this doctor! He let's HIS religious beliefs interfere with applying all the tools of modern medicine to reduce pain, suffering, and assisting his patients. He demonstrates no compassion, or caring while his patients suffer.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Best doctor in the area for acquiring OxyCodone. Refills pain meds on site. Forces Christian faith and worshiping on patients waiting in the lobby using a big screen TV. Appointments are not taken on time, as walk-ins take precedent if they appear to be sicker.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2009

I have been happy with Dr Calhoun's knowledge & his patient interaction, but I have a problem with an office that closes for a week at & time & does not at least put it on his phone message. He does not take appointments any more & you do not know if he is seeing patients & his staff not returning calls, or they are out of the office.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

I,ve been a patient of Dr Calhoun for several year. I hold in high regard his knowledge and manner in talking one on one. The way his office is run is a different store. I've never seeen such a mismanaged staff. Staff on the phone with what you can plainly hear are personal calls while people are lined up at the window. I've been left messages several times with test results only to call back and no one could find them. Refils must be taken in even if you don't have an appointment. All this hassle is making me research other doctors which I don't want to do considering I think he's very good.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2009

I went to Dr. Calhoun's walk-in clinic with an umbilical hernia and he did a sonogram right there in the office to make sure it wasn't strangulated. Advised me to see a surgeon, was VERY nice and polite with great bedside manner and seemed very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007

Dr. Frank B. Calhoun's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1974)