Ratings for Dr. Deborah Thornhill

I have seen a number of physicians for intractable chronic pain and Dr.Thornhill stands out as one of the worst I saw. I followed her advice to a T, which was mostly techniques for meditation-most of them can be learned from iTunes podcasts and CDs you can buy. Nothing she teaches is anything more than what you can learn from a less expensive and more convenient podcast which means you are paying for someone you should be able to give feedback to. When these tools didn't help, there was no revision of the treatment plan, despite my complaints. She also belittled me and trashed the hobbies I enjoyed that help me get through the day. On top of it, she diagnosed me with somataform disorder- which significantly delayed me being able to figure out what was causing my intractable pain, it turned out to be a spinal cord injury. Take my advice and stay away from this MD at all costs. I guarantee her patients are there because of limited choice,no one would choose to see this MD.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013