Ratings for Dr. Michael E. Miller

I've been a patient of Dr. Miller for more than 15 years and I have always been impressed with his care. He is very thorough, makes you feel very comfortable chatting with him concern your care (medication, etc.), and if he does not specialize in your symptom, he will find the right doctor to assist you with the issue. I went through seven doctors before finding him and I would highly recommend him to anyone. The only drawbacks I can find about his care is his schedule. Sometimes it is very difficult to get an appointment and his staff can be slightly rushed. However, when you meet with him, Dr. Miller always focuses on you.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2008

Dr. Miller himself is a great doctor. His staff is often hurried and too busy to give you proper telephone attention. Dr. Miller ALWAYS returns my calls. I could be in 10 minutes or at the end of his day, but he has never failed to call me back. His medical knowledge is execllent. He was the physician that gave me a pre-employment physical and I liked him so much, I asked if he would become my PCP. That was 11 years ago. He runs about 30 minutes behind schedule. The front office could be better, but the entire staff of physicians covers for eachother very well. I have always been able to reach someone within 5-10 minutes on the weekends.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

I am giving this doctor a poor rating because he and his office seem ill equipped to handle or manage anything more difficult than the flu or a cold. He has been my PCP for a few years now and only twice have I needed him to actually be a good, helpful doctor, and both times he has failed me. His record-keeping is bad, he's impossible to get in touch with, he is not reachable on the weekends, and he does not seem interested in following up with his patients and their test results. In my most recent case, he sent me for an x-ray and then took 6 days to get back to me with the results. He seemed to blame the x-ray clinic (which he sent me to) and some arcane hospital processes for his tardiness - but never once did he make a call to the clinic and ask for the results be sent to him. The other time, I had shingles and he told me to take advil - I ended up spending the next 36 hours in the emergency room. I'll be getting a new doctor. Seems like a nice man, but not my favorite doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2008

Dr. Miller is fantastic!! I was referred by a friend 15 years ago and have gotten excellent care since then! He takes the time to understand you as a person, not just a bunch of symptoms. He not only provides care when you're sick, he is concerned with prevention as well. When I have needed medication, he takes the time to explain why he's selected the particular Rx he's given me, informing me of how it works in my body and what affect it will have. He doesn't lecture about the bad things (like many others, I could lose a few pounds), just wants me to be healthy. He's very prompt in returning calls and responding to requests for refills, calling to the pharmacy, etc. The rest of the office staff is very pleasant. The practice has their own lab, and Dr. Miller marks up the lab results and sends them to you promptly, often with encouraging words when things are going well (and gentle reminders to suggest ways to make results better next time). I highly recommend Dr. Miller for anyone!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2006

Dr. Michael E. Miller's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1976)