Ratings for Dr. Tina M. Lam

Becomes angry and defensive when asked questions. Does not listen to patient.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

I experienced Dr. Lam's attitude to be angry and intolerant to any questions she was asked. Regretfully, I proceeded with surgery anyway. When I questioned a malfunctioning and leaking post surgery drain, a follow-up appointment was made. During that appointment Dr. Lam removed the functioning drain and left the non-functioning drain in place, against my request. This resulted in another doctor placing two additional drains. I then changed from Dr. Lam to another surgeon. Dr. Lam did not have any support staff (nurse or nurse practitioner) that I was made aware of. Dr. Lam was only available Monday - Wednesday. If I needed an appointment, I was required to wait for those three office days. She does not recommend physical therapy after surgery. I would never recommend this surgeon. Always seek at least two opinions before any surgery.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

Dr. Lam was very supportive and helpful with giving details on breast surgery. She took time out to answer all question and draw a picture. Her touch on exam was soft and gentle. She showed concerned and care throughout my entire process. Loving doctor.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

I was referred to Dr Lam by a radiologist for a breast biopsy. During my first visit Dr Lam cut me off mid-sentence. She also told me she would not be performing the biopsy & referred me to ANOTHER radiology group. She told me to set up an appt. with her after biopsy so she could give me the pathology report & stated, "I never give the results over the phone whether it's good or bad". After the biopsy, I decided to change Drs due to a gut feeling & wanting to be treated by Shands Medical. I let her office know this and and that I still wanted to keep my appt. for the pathology report. Upon my arrival, receptionist said that Dr. Lam had told her to just hand me the report. I asked if the Dr didn't want to talk to me about it. Reception conferred with Dr Lam and Dr Lam reluctantly agreed to see me for my appointment. She spent 1-2 min. with me, said I have cancer but that, "it would be awkward to discuss the report" with me. 2 appts with no results;seeing new Dr in 3 weeks for results

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

The doctor was fine, but her staff (specifically, the office manager) is the most unhelpful and condescending I have ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

Dr. Lam and her staff were very helpful and knowledgable. Dr. Lam took the time to draw a picture of what my surgery would entail and my surgery was scheduled for the same week. Here laser surgery left tiny scarring and I had no recovery issues. I would highly recommend her for surgery.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Surgery scheduled but could not be done because doctor had not reviewed medical charts to order needed platelet transfusion. She came in TOLD us that it could not be done and why as if it were our fault and when asked questions, walked out without answering and did not return.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2011

Dr. Tina M. Lam's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1987)

Health Net