Ratings for Dr. Louis M. Kareha

Do not, I repeat, do not go to this office. I have been seeing Dr. Kareha for about 10 years. I am generally a healthy person but I have been seeing him for my annual exam. Every time the office wait has been horrible. At least an hour minimum to be seen. The staff is miserable. His assistant is miserable and unfriendly. My last appointment had a wait time over one hour and I decided to leave. I let the receptionist know I was leaving him and all I got was a shrug from her when I told her about my disappointment. Told her I was going to find a new doctor and within a second she asked if I wanted to sign a release while I was there. Not one apology or effort to reconcile my feelings.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Kareha has treated my very old mother for years. I am so disappointed in the lack of understanding Dr. Kareha has in the care of older people. He often doesn't take our concerns seriously and often he treats my mother like she is stupid - she isn't stupid, she is old and she is doing the best she can. I wish he were doing the best he could.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

I miss Dennis. For years all my medical needs were met by Dr. Kondash. Now, my questions are never answered. I leave feeling worse than I did when I got there. It could be the 4 hour wait, the miserable staff, or the unprofessional/cocky doctor. Just my opinion.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

Staff is not helpful and I constantly have billing issues. Dr. K is helpful once you get to see him, however getting an appt. is difficult. I wait in the waiting room for at least an hour every time I go and have had to walk out after 1.5 hr wait, despite calling ahead to see if he was running on time. I realize he is busy and trying to fit in many people, however, waits like this are excessive.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

I can't even talk with him or get an appt. After several phone calls reporting blood in my urine, I was then sent for blood work & a CT scan. After MORE phone calls I finally was told that I have a kidney stone & it will pass. No one seems to care one way or the other what happens to me!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2009

This doctor came recommended by a close friend. My first (and only) visit I waited over 1 1/2 hours only to be told it would be a while longer. I left and didn't come back. My husband also went to this doctor. He went to see him complaining of severe headaches w/ visual disturbances and loss of accuity. The Doctor ordered blood work and put him on an anti depressant. My husband (who works in the medical field) asked for an MRI because of the severity of the headaches. The dr. refused saying there was no real need. He returned 2 mos later w/ more severe headaches, again the dr refused the MRI and did more blood work. 2 mos later he was diagnosed w/ a malignant brain tumor that has a very high mortality rate due to it's rapid growth. I don't know if his prognosis would be different if he had been diagnosed earlier, but I have to believe that it may have.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

THIS IS A YOUNG DOCTOR, WHO I BELIEVE IS VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND HAS STEPPED INTO THE SHOES OF A RETIRED M.D. HE HAS HAD TO HIT THE GROUND RUNNING AND I THINK IT HASN'T BEEN EASY, BUT HE HAS DONE AN ADMIRABLE JOB. THE AREA HE IS SERVING CAN BE DIFFICULT AT TIMES,IT IS AN OLDER POPULATION WHO DO NOT ALWAYS ADAPT WELL TO CHANGES. BUT I THINK TIME WILL SHOW HIM TO BE WORTHY. I DO AND WILL ALWAYS RECOMMEND HIM. HE IS A YOUNG M.D. WHO HAS COMMITED TO STAY AND BE A PART OF A AILING MEDICAL COMMUNITY. I AM A VERY CRITICAL OBSERVER OF THE MEDICAL FIELD (ESP. SINCE I AM AN RN, WHO CAN SOMETIMES BECOME VERY EMBARRASSED BY THE MISCONDUCT OF OTHERS IN OUR FIELDS) I HATE TO HEAR THE "BAD NURSE-BAD HOSP. STAY- BAD M.D." STORIES BECAUSE I KNOW THAT FOR EVERY BAD APPLE THERE ARE MULTIPLE GOOD SEEDS WHO GET WILTED. DR. KAREHA IS A GOOD SEED WHO NEEDS TO BE NURTURED AND ALLOWED TO GROW.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2006

Dr. Kareha was my mother's Dr. she's 80, and had complained of terrible fatigue for months, made a trip the ER with her, he sent her home no better. She continued to tell him she was not well. And ended up in the ICU with acute anemia! There was a history of this before and he never persued the reason she felt so badly. Keeps you waiting in his office. Despite being sick, justs writes precriptions and sends you out feeling sicker than ever!!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2006

Dr. Louis M. Kareha's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Delta Dental