Ratings for Dr. Erik J. Nuveen

TERRIBLE! I returned to Nuveen in March 2016 after having saline implants for 10 years for a re-augmentation with silicone implants. My main complaint was significant rippling on the cleavage line and asymmetry. 3 surgeries, 3 different styles of implants (all placed above the muscle btw), and $4900 later, my breasts are significantly bigger (which I was VERY clear I did not want), have more rippling than they did when I went in for my consult, and are completely different shapes/sizes. And did I mention he placed the implants from all 3 surgeries ABOVE the muscle knowing my main complaint/problem was rippling? All of the research I've done clearly states that implants placed above the muscle INCREASE the odds of rippling. Yeah, talk about using professional discretion. Such a joke. When I called to complain once again about the outcome, they dodged me and gave me the run around for 13 days. I finally spoke with someone today and they told me my only option at this point is a lift with the "newest" gummy bear implant for an additional $9700. I have now scheduled a consultation with another surgeon to fix his work. Consider this your warning and do your homework before you let him touch you- I am one of many that has had this exact outcome.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I just had a butt aug and fat transfer from dr Nuveen and I could not be anymore happy with my results I'm absolutely in love with my new booty I call him the booty king I also got my breast done by him I have to say he beats all the doctors in Oklahoma he knows his stuff

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Went in for an Asian double eyelid without extensive research - guess I was attracted by his price. I called and asked his staff whether he had experience in Asian double eyelid surgery - the girl sounded unconfident but praised Dr. Nuveen to be the best, etc. When I got there I had same day consultation and sugery. Dr. Nuveen came in and asked me what my goals were - told him I wanted bigger creases, obvious results. He took a clip and measured my eyes - I looked in the mirror and asked him if that's how high it would be - he didn't say much just took a purple pen and drew on my lids. Then he allowed his intern to draw my other eye. The markings were uneven but I thought perhaps Dr. Nuveen would fix it during surgery. I was so wrong. He never explained to me how high my creases would be "mm" wise, nothing about Asian double eyelid, etc. We went straight to surgery, when I awoke I was already in my Mom's car on our way home. I looked in the mirror and was horrified to see that Dr. Nuveen had performed over the uneven markings. One of my eye is now sunken and hollow the other has multiple creases from scarring. When I expressed my concern to his nurse and to him via email and text - I was told over that the results were good and as expected and anything to be addressed needed to be seen in person. I drove 5 hours to get my eyelids done and now they are ruined. Dr. Nuveen in my opinion is not experienced in Asian double eyelid surgery due the fact that he gave me 10 mm creases and according to other experts Asian women usually get 7mm or lower creases to keep their Asian features. Now, everyday waking up I see someone else in the mirror - I am emotional and physically scarred by this experience. I been told to wait for at least a year for healing and then to have revision if necessary. Please I encourage everyone to do their research and make the wise choice. These surgeries are permanent, so choose wisely. I do not recommend Dr. Nuveen to anyone. His bedside manners are terrible - just like all the other bad reviews - it's all about the money only. Doesn't care about the results or concerns of his patients. I am not going back nor letting that man touch my eyes again. I will save up and get revision elsewhere.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Be careful using him for breast reductions. He has a high rate or nipple necrosis. I know first hand!

Submitted February 23, 2016

Loved the entire experience!I had an online consultation, arrived the day of surgery and met the whole crew, and was home and recovering shortly after the procedure that same day. They made me feel very welcomed and comfortable before, during, and after. I was even given cell numbers to Dr. Nuveen and Dr. Makipour in case I had any questions during recovery outside of business hours---who does that?! I travelled from Iowa and would do it again in a heartbeat if I ever should want another cosmetic surgery. I absolutely love my results, their bedside manner, and their talented and skillful staff! As a nurse, I have to compliment the wonderful way Dr. Nuveen treated his staff during the time I spent in their workplace. Also, Dr. Makipour's follow-up phone call and texts were very helpful and reassuring. I wish all physicians were so kind and personable!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

This is the place to go for ANY cosmetic procedure. I couldn't be happier. From the moment I entered the office door all the way through my 3 post-op visits, I was treated with respect and dignity. NEVER was I pushed into any decision---after expressing what I was unhappy with about my face, Dr. Nuveen accessed the face and had recommendations that were left entirely for me to decide upon. His staff personnel presented several options for prices and payment again with absolutely no pressure. The day of surgery, those gals made sure I was comfortable and we just laughed and a good time. Dr. Nuveen has a very soft voice , is polite and very professional. His knowledge and surgical expertise is well documented and cannot be disputed. I am estactic with the results of my face lift--I look 10 to 15 years younger--the pictures prove it. Do not go anyway to have any cosmetic surgery except to Dr. Nuveen.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I would recommend him to anyone he's amazing at what he does

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Thinks he is the only one who knows it all. Well not admit his faults . Instead blames it on your body. Have no reason to lie.

Submitted January 15, 2016

I was very pleased with every aspect of my breast augmentation procedure with this office, from beginning to end. Dr. Nuveen worked with me (very sensitively I might add) to achieve my desired results. His staff was extremely helpful and wonderfully responsive to my every need/question both prior to the procedure and after the procedure. I travelled from Central Texas to have the procedure done with Dr. Nuveen and I simply could not be any happier with the results!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I love dr. Nuveen. He did a great job and made me feel very comfortable. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Dr. Erik J. Nuveen's Credentials

Coventry Healthcare
  • Coventry
First Health Network
GEHA
Mail Handlers
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
TRICARE