Ratings for Dr. John I. Hughes

Dr. Hughes is a nice guy but definitely waaaaay past his prime. During his appointments, he says he's gonna do this or that, and then by the end, he forgets what he said. The thinks he told you something, but really it was only in his mind. He does not have the patience to spend enough time to analyze his patients previous tests and make a better diagnosis. He is waaaaaaaaay old school and time has passed him by. Better find another doctor if you have anything but routine problems.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

I saw Dr. John Hughes for all of five minutes before being told that I needed an endoscopy. After which he insisted I change my diet, by eating baked chicken and fish instead of red meat without letting me get a word in edgewise. He obviously didn't listen to a word I said because I follow a very healthy diet and did before seeking his care. I am a vegetarian (I haven't had red meat in over five years). The rotten cherry on top of this entire ordeal is that I was already diagnosed with GERD TEN YEARS AGO. This prompted my former insurance company to declare pre-existing condition, despite having seen him for a completely different issue. I have dealt with a year of nonsense over this entire thing. I am in disbelief that a doctor so highly rated could be so careless.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013