Ratings for Dr. Anita K. Amlani

She has been our primary care physician for ourselves and children for more than a decade. She remembers everything about our lives, cares about us, and is very compassionate and helpful. She's great with children, getting them comfortable, playing with them, and so on. There have only been a few times she's been less than stellar. She is not particularly intact friendly and does not understand an infant's uncircumcised (won't let me write the word) should not be retracted and may not fully retract until adolescence. But we have agreed to disagree on this and she respects our wishes as parents. And, when we were struggling with our infant's latch and thought a posterior tongue tie was at work she dismissed this concern. We did however find a medical professional to help us and our kid nursed fine. She's a very competent physician it's difficult to be up to date on everything changing in the medical field and we've very much appreciated her willingness to respect our choices as parents.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Amlani before I had children and she has continued as our family doctor for over a decade now. I am very happy with the care she has given us. When my children or I have become extremely ill and needed urgent care she will see us immediately. If emergency care is needed she consistently follows up by calling several times through the day/week to keep up on our progress. She is like one of the family.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

Dr Amlani takes the time to listen to health issues and then follows up until the issue is resolved. I have had so many other doctors drop the ball if the symptoms aren't clear. But Dr Amlani pursues until she gets an answer. She is an excellent, knowledgeable doctor who dispenses good, practical advice without EVER being demeaning. I wonder about anyone who can rate this fine doctor a one??

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr. Amlani is the best doctor I have ever had! She spends as much time with you as you need. You never feel like you are bothering her by asking questions, and she actually goes out of her way to sit down and talk to you. So is always helpful and never stingy with medicine or getting you the right tests you need. She is going to be the pediatrician for my baby, due in August, and I couldnt be happier about that. I wish I would have found Dr. Amlani 10 years ago instead of wasting my time with the other doctors at that practice and others.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

First off, I had to wait a long time before my first appointment with her. Second, Dr. Amlani subjected me to a lot of superfluous tests (quite a few of them my insurance did not cover). I ended up having to pay $250 out of my own pocket. Plus, Dr. Amlani did not strike me as being compassionate at all, more like patronizing. She kept me waiting in the exam room for I don't know how long one day. I could go on, but I'll just say that she turned me off to doctors altogether.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

Dr. Amlani is a wonderful doctor who I would recommend to anyone. Having her has my general physician and gynocologist is very convenient. She always makes me feel comfortable and is a very warm person in general. I've been in to see her under very stressful circumstances and I always leave feeling confident in my treatment.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2011

Dr. Amlani is the best doctor I have ever had. She is caring, thoughtful, compassionate and knowledgeable. She does an extremely complete exam and you never feel rushed with her. I would recommend her to anyone. She has taken care of me, my husband, my son and my parents for over 2 years now and she has done wonders for our family. Without Dr. Amlani I don't know where we would be with some issues right now. We need more doctors out there like her!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

She's a terrible doctor. How she earned her MD is beyond me.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2010

Dr Amalni has seen me thru a very scary period in my life when I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Although she didn't treat the cancer, she did counsel me thru some tough times with a compassion and humor that go weel beyond the call of a primary care pysician.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009

She is not my regular doctor, but in the same practice, so when I have seen her when my doctor was not available,she was very caring and professional.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

Dr. Anita K. Amlani's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Amerigroup