Ratings for Dr. Hans C. Hansen

This provider endangers patients. He also is inappropriate w/females. I am here to help you if you have experienced this. #STEP OF FAITH email cse63@yahoo.com (legal action in place)

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Hansen for approximately 14 years for fibromyalgia, degenerative disk disease and migraines. I have had two doctors who I felt really cared about the patient, and Dr. Hansen is one of them. He does whatever he can, within the guidelines of my insurance company, to relieve my pain. I also see his PA, Penny Mitchell, who has always been very gracious and concerned for my condition. The receptionist is always very pleasant. I have never seen anyone dressed "goth," as one reviewer said. I have never had anyone be rude or even abrupt with me. These are very concerned, professional people who give the best care I have received. My pain is managed as well as possible. If any of the negative comments have happened, I have never seen them in my 14 years as a patient there. I would recommend them to anyone experiencing chronic pain.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

No personality very UNcompasionate doesn't listen... Doesn't care!!! Avoid!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

If there was a zero star, that's what he'd get from me. My son was scheduled for a RF ablation in his Statesville office/pain mgt clinic. We had already discussed the cost for this procedure with his office staff. Had discussed the cost for the surgical center with the surgical center staff. Everything was set up. My son fasted four hours. He and I both took the afternoon off because he had to be driven home afterward. When we got there, he had to fill out 12 pages of paperwork and we paid the almost $800 fee required by the surgical center. Everything is going as planned. After we sat in the waiting room for almost 2 hours (which I really didn't mind either), he finally got to go back for the procedure. When he got to the back to see the doc, he was informed that he wouldn't be doing the RF ablation that day because our insurance hadn't approved it.... after he paid a $30 copay. They are now refusing to return the measly $30 co-pay. That's just WRONG.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

Found him to be rude and spent more time talking to my nurse ,making passes.Says he had limited experience with my condition and months later claimed to be an expert.Had many of my doctors say i needed to be out of work but he pushed to have me work until he had to sign a paper allowing me to go back on light duty.Once the ball was in his court he wouldn't allow me to work.As long as it was someone else responsibilty,he ok'ed working,when it was his ,he wanted me to work but wouldn't sign anything saying so.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2010

Dr. Hansen is an excellent, extremely competent, and caring doctor-with a very good staff----this is part of my first commment that was left out and i feel he deserves to be recognized for his abilities and i am sure 99.9 of his patients feel the same as i do

flag | Submitted July 5, 2008

i had resigned myself to the fact that i would have to live with pain for the rest of my life, when i was referred to Dr. Hansen from neurological specialists for Facet Joint Injections it was the first time in nine {9} years i was free of pain and it is a great feeling----i am very thankful for the excellent care i received /receiving from Dr. Hansen and all the staff are outstanding and friendly----because of Dr. Hansen i can enjoy my life alot more now and it is good to know if the pain returns, he will be there for me ----

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

VERY VERY RUDE DR. HANSEN IS HAS NO COMPASSION FOR ANYONE NOR HIS ASSISTANTS HE TREATS YOU AS IF YOU ONLY WANT DRUGS LIKE A PAIN PILL ADDICT I DON'T KNOW HOW HE HAS STAYED IN BUSINESS I GUESS THAT IS WHY ANOTHER COMPANY HAS STEPPED IN AND I ADVISE DO NOT BE OVER WEIGHT HE OWNS A FIBRO-CARE AND YOU HAVE TO PAY OUT OF POCKET TO GO SEVERAL TIMES A WEEK INSURANCE WILL NOT PAY!!! IF YOU DONT GO NO MEDS FOR YOU OR TREATMENT YOUR BEST BET IS TO STAY WITH A FAMILY DOCTOR OR ORTHOPEDIC YOUR SELF ESTEEM WILL DROP WHEN YOU LEAVE HIS OFFICE I WOULDNT SEND MY DOG TO HIM THE SHOTS HE GIVE ME ONLY MADE ME WORSE , IM IN MORE PAIN NOW SINCE I WAS SEEN THERE FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH TAKE MY WORD IF YOU ARE NOT FOR SURE ON YOUR DEATH BED HE HAS NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU PROVE OR MEDICAL RECORDS YOU BRING IN YOU CAN HAVE HAD 100 BROKE BONES AND MADE OF PINS AND BOLTS OR WALK WITH A CANE NO SYMPATHY GOOD LUCK MS

flag | Submitted July 24, 2007

Would not talk to my husband or let him go in the exam room. Did not do what the referring doctor requested. Very rude. Office staff not educated. He would not show us any information about his education and where he had been to school.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2007

Very compassionate and caring. Takes his time and explains stuff to you. Gets to the point of the problem. If one thing does not work, tries another. Does not believe in just "doping you up"! Has made such a difference in the quality of my life. He is awesome and the office staff are just as caring and compassionate. They also all know the meaning of privacy and exhibit this better than any office I have ever been to. I have seen him in the Salisbury and Conover locations. Rate as a 9.9 on a 10 scale. As a nurse I could never give a MD a perfect 10, but he is very close!!!!!!!!!!!! If you have pain, make an appt. it will be worth your time and money!!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2007

Dr. Hans C. Hansen's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Healthlink