Ratings for Dr. Kurt L. Maggio

Was not able to diagnose my skin problem. Sold a cream to me which I later found half-priced at drug stores. I had a minor skin condition which improved after my second visit, but he still upset me by suggesting a laser treatment that he has in mind for me by showing scary pictures! I felt so depressed after both visits that I was not back to followup and my skin is improving.Lack of knowledge and inappropriate approach! Would not recommend!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Useless visit, waste of time and money. He didn't sound much knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

I have been Dr. Maggio's patient for over 10 years. Among dermatologists, he is at the very top. Initially, he treated a basal cell carcinoma with MHOS surgery. There is no scar and the malady has never returned. Subsequent to this he has succesfully treated numerous precancerous growths which resulted from jungle duty in Vietnam. The proof of his expertise is in the results!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2013

Dr Kurt saw us about 45 minutes later than the scheduled time and his first response to the problem was" as dermatologist we don't know much about hair,"..here we go:-( the appointment was a total waste of money and time. He prescribed a $400 steroidal shampoo despite the fact that there was apparently no scalp inflammation. and on top of it suggested to come back to him for hair biopsy. Who prescribes a $400 shampoo for some hair fall problem. All in all Very disappointed!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013