Ratings for Dr. Richard L. Osofsky

I was able to set up an appointment with no trouble. The girl at the front was curt with me and seemed too bored to care. I was in the chair and "under the knife," so to speak in fairly quick order. Dr. Osofsky looked at my teeth and advised me that my pain was from two fillings that needed repair. The anesthetic had not adequately kicked in when he started working, and I asked for another dose, to which he replied that I was a strong young man and could handle the pain fine without it. After the fillings were "fixed," and I was in considerable pain, I got to argue with the girl at the front regarding the bill. It came to over double what I was quoted while in the chair. We went back and forth until I had to leave out of frustration. I ended up paying it. A few months later, the "repair," crumbled and fell into my food as I was eating it. A visit to another dentist told me that the old fillings were not properly cleaned out, and the surfaces was not prepped properly, so my teeth were basically rotting away underneath the new fillings. I ended up paying the new dentist less than Osofsky charged me, to do more work, and to do better work. My visit to Osofsky was the worse dental experience of my life, and I've had a needle slipped so far into my jaw that it scratched the bone.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

DR. OSOFSKY IS A GREAT DENTIST. HAD A WISDOM TOOTH THAT WAS IN BAD SHAPE AND I WAS IN SERIOUS PAIN CALLED HIM ON SATURDAY TO SET UP AN A APPOINTMENT GUESS WHAT TOOTH WAS OUT SUNDAY MORNING HE IS A GREAT GUY AND GREAT DENTIST

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

He is not the nicest person on earth but he is a wounderful dentist i have been seeing him for 12 years. One day I went to another dental office because it was closer to school and ya everyone was nice but the dental work sucked I am in pain so I am going to see my good old Doc. asap.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

needs to retire...yesterday. worst dental nightmare i have ever had.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

I have had to have a few teeth taken out, i was neverious and he was able to put me under and pull my teeth. he and his staff are always helpful and he ALWAYS takes me as a walk in when my teeth are in pain. he is the only dentist i will go to if you are in pain he will see you as a walk in he and his staff are always there for me. on day i broke my tooth i called him to leave a message at 5:30 am by 6:15 he called me back and told me to come on in he fixed me tooth and i was at work by 9:00 he is the best!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2010

Dr. Osofsky must be one of the most unpleasant people I've ever encountered. I can't think of a worse person to invite to care for my teeth. I would highly discourage anyone in their right mind from visiting his practice. There are many talented dentists in the Albuquerque area who will provide top quality care without such a terrible attitude.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010