Ratings for Dr. Nazir Ahmad Malik

I met Dr. Malik today for the first time. After reading the previous reviews I was a little concerned about what I may be walking into.... But I went in with a list of the four things that I was most concerned about, hoping not to just be another number in his consultation que. I wasn't. He read and reviewed with me all of my concerns prior to initiating his interview. He asked me to complete some additional questionnairs based on my concerns. He spoke to me at legth about what I wanted. He did a full history on me. He additionally had notes he had reviewed from previous doctors I'd seen. He was prepared. Then he told me plainly that this is my life. That I will need to be the one to choose how best to help me but that he has some suggestions that he thought would help. And he listed the issues i had preswnted he felt medication could potentially help me with. He also told me where I needed to get further help outside of pharmaceuticals. He was open, honest and he told me what to expect an he will see me again soon to follow up. He seemed more than reasonable to me, regardless of my not being thrilled about the outcome. I trust him enough to try. Nikki

flag | Submitted November 16, 2017

This Dr should not be practicing! He is a misogynist and has no regard for women. He was called in after I delivered my baby at RVH. He tried to have me committed against my will for having Post Partum Depression. I did not have PPD and my family Dr and thier team confirmed this. When I was upset about being locked away and separated from my baby he said "It's nothing to cry about." And told me I could just pump breast milk and everything would be fine. This man also used the threat of calling CAS to coerce me into taking sleeping pills and anti depressants that I did not want! I now have ptsd related to my treatment during my daughters birth. It is sad that women are still treated this way! I will never forgive him for how he treated me.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

very poor care from this Dr ..problem was making me depressed...said I should be happy with the circumstances...

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

After he cancelled my appointment two separate times I went in and sat for over an hour waiting for my appointment. At this time I was told I would be fine if I would do more work. The appointment wasn't more than 10 minutes. I asked if I should rebook to see him and he told me I was fine . I have diagnosed bipolar and was in a deep depression at the time. I'm not sure why RVH has a problem getting quality psychiatrists in their facility but they do.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

I waited 2.5 hours with a newborn for my mother in law to have a 4 min appointment. I asked him to fill out so the disability tax certificate for her which he made it seem like it was too much work. Originally discharged her from the hospital in heavy anti psychotic medication and didn't do a follow up for months. He has let her medication lapse, took her off of it cold turkey then chastised us on her next visit for not giving it to her. I dont know what quaility of care this doctor actually provides. We only see him to get our meds for her and that's it. Very poor doctor in many ways. Ahhh and he kept referring to her as demented...she does have dementia but there is nicer ways of saying it than that.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Awful. Stay away as much as possible. Dr. Malik does not care about his patients and you can see that by reading the comments. The guy does not want to work with patients in order to fix their problem. Don't waste your time. Find another psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

best of doctor in a world and good behaviour and good understanding patient care lookafter the patient

Submitted February 7, 2017

This man should not be a psychiatrist, he is perhaps the most ignorant person I've ever met in my life. A couple of years ago, when I was 16, I was referred to him after being hospitalized for a suicide attempt. He prescribed me a medication after I barely told him what I was dealing with and then he looked at my face and said, "don't worry, this medication won't make you gain weight, which is good because you are already fat,". I cried my eyes out for hours. I was dealing with so many self image issues and I was 130 pounds at 5'2". Which is perfectly healthy. He is so unprofessional and disgusting. When I got angry after, he told me that he was going to not give me the meds I needed. Complete idiot, deserves to be fired immediately. I will never forget those words.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Extremely poor experience. Referral to Dr. Malik was for medication follow up, addiction and depression issues. He did not listen to any concerns, was condescending, and suggested that the problems were a result of poor character. He did not acknowledge current research and did not consider the need to have medication follow up as required as part of my long term care. It was a waste of time and counter-productive as the result was a greater feeling of hopelessness.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Worst doctor I have ever seen! My family has a history of mental health issues, so many people close time have seen him as well, and all have had horrible experiences. He is extremely rude and condescending. I suffer from panic attacks, and he told me I was "just looking for attention" but of course he wanted to make another appointment with me so he could have the money. Such a cruel and greedy man should not be working with people suffering from mental illness!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015