Ratings for Dr. Joel R. Montbriand

Unfortunately, I dind't have a choice and was forced to go to this guy because of my insurance. This office is nothing but an assembly line. He was not interested in any of my problems and couldn't wait to schedule a colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures. I waited way over an hour for both procedures. Zero follow-up. His office staff is as rude as he is.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I thought Dr. Montbriand was very attentive and thorough. He was able to diagnose my Celiac disease in one visit. My reg physician had wasted 5 years and a lot of my money trying to figure out the cause of my problems! I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

RUN, don't walk, to another physician! This Dr. couldn't care less about you,your suffering, or your quality of life. He does, however, care about the money you can pay. One of the most arrogant, close-minded, uncaring, and unaware people I have met in the allopathic system. Almost died in the hospital because of his negligance and lack of getting back to me in a timely manner. If you have to go to a G.I. doc, please do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. Why he ever was described as a good doctor is beyond me.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

He was more interested in selling me a colonoscopy than dealing with my esophagus problem. the procedure was most uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Little bedside manner. Maybe I was still under anesthesia but as I recall, he was brief, uncaring prior to my colonoscopy. Afterwards, my wife was there and she seemed to agree. He seems preoccupied with something. It is me. Fortunately, my colonoscopy was normal so I don't have to go back for 10 years!!! I won't be back here.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Referred by my PCP for procedures. Staff was very effecient in getting me in for the procedures. This physician has no bedside manner and seems to be preoccupied with outside interests. I asked some friends with experience about him, all had heard good things about him from their PCPs but NONE liked him or would go back. Smaller practices are harder to get into but I think the quality is so much better. I would rather wait and get good medical care than feel like I am in a cattle car.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2008

I have had several procedures done and felt like he was only marginally competent. He did not listen at all to what I told him regarding family history and a few minutes later said something that made it glaringly obvious he hadn't heard anything I had said. I was told by my family doc that DR Montriand was a big wig doctor who knew his stugg but I strongly disagree !

flag | Submitted October 3, 2007

Staff is very eficient in getting a procedure and initial office visit scheduled. Follow-up was difficult. It was like he didn't want to see me after the procedures were done. He seemed knowledgeable about some things in the very brief period of time I talked with him. He was quite cold and too business like to be someone I would see regularly. I am not sure I would go back. I am going to try other comnpeting physicians in the area first.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2007

Big practice. More concerned with money. I went to him after a friend suggested I get a second opinion. They took me in very quickly (apparently their policy with local competing docs) but spent no time. Wanted to repeat both the scope from above and below eventhough I brought my records with me and both had been done 5 motnhs before hand. Talks on his phone all the time. Not very knowledgeable or friendly. Wouldn't recommend him to anybody. Don't know about the others in his practice but I won't go back to find out. I am going back to my original doc who listened and made good progress (slow but still progress).

flag | Submitted August 20, 2007

I have been to see this man and others in his practice. Well liked by his referring physicians but I have stopped going to him, and the rest of his partners, because he doesn't seem to care about me. I had much the same experieince as previous patients. Many are of the same opinion, the problem is he has a good rep because of the size of the practice, not anything else.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2007

Dr. Joel R. Montbriand's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1982)