Ratings for Dr. V. James Sammarco

I had seen several doctors about my Achilles and no one offered me any help. Just wanted to give me cortisone shots or orthotics, none of which helped. I went to Dr. Sammarco, who was very friendly and attentive. He immediately ordered tests for my ankle area and confirmed I had extra bone, my Achilles was too short and also torn. He clearly explained the long, tough surgery/healing process but gave me optimism he could fix the Achilles. After 11 months post surgery, I was released by him yesterday. I am soooo pleased with the outcome. It was worth the tough year to have my pain-free mobility back. Great doctor all around.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Repaired my ruptured Achilles Tendon. Back to soccer with no problems now.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Very good experience with the doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2016

Twenty years ago I broke my ankle and it has hurt ever since. Last year, every doctor I saw wanted to fuse my ankle together so that it wouldn't move. One doctor told me that was the only option available. Dr. Sammarco performed an ankle replacement about on year ago and I have had great pain relief ever since then. He spent the time to listen to me and let me decide which treatment was the right one for my activities.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

After 2 years of missed diagnoses and one errant surgery. Everyone old me that nothing could be done. I saw Dr. Sammarco, and he was able to correct my problem with a straightforward procedure that healed quickly. Wish I had come here first. I have my life back! Thank You!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Great result with my surgery. Professional, well trained staff helped me through it. Worth the wait to get in.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

I broke my ankle and had screws and plates put in to repair it. One year after my surgery, my original doctor told me that I had developed so much arthritis that the joint had to be fused. I bought my X-Rays to Dr. Sammarco who said the films didn’t look bad enough to have the fusion procedure done. He ordered a Cat scanner and found that a large part of my cartilage was still broken off in the joint. The cartilage was repaired with a graft and my ankle is much better. More importantly, I have been able to keep my ankle motion without having it fused together.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

We brought my son for a second opinion. Dr. Sammarco listened to his story and asked questions. X-Rays and and MRI were ordered that confirmed a birth defect in one of his bones that could not be seen on regular X-Rays. Surgery was done and the results were excellent. Dr. Sammarco's attention to detail is what made the difference!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

As he enters the examining room he still has one foot out the door. Seems to spend more time talking to his computer than his patients. Also be sure to read his reports as he adds disclaimers not discussed with the patient. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

He did an unbelievable job on both my feet. I am 67 year old woman who has had ugly and "hurting" feet my whole life. Now they have no pain and are attractive (I used to try to hide my feet all my life -- not any more. I recommend him to everyone I meet. He is the best!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr. V. James Sammarco's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)