Ratings for Dr. David A. Uppgaard

Made me feel great even though I hadn't been going to the dentist on a regular basis. Staff is awesome!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

best Dental place I have ever been too. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

I have never been treated with anything other than respect by Dr. Uppgaard & his staff. Their pain control & interpersonal skills are definitely well above average compared to dental practices I used in the past, & I no longer dread dental appointments. However, the practice manager, while very friendly, is occasionally prone to paperwork errors. Perhaps differences in experience and/or perception result because I do not have a dental plan. (My dental expenses tend to be high, so the cost/benefit ratio of premiums:low annual maximum benefits really isn't worth it.) There may very well have been a miscommunication between Dr. Uppgaard's office & the 9.23.13 commenter's dental plan, but "scared" & "conned" are VERY strong words, & contacting the Attorney General is not the most appropriate action. Any time a patient has a concern with a healthcare professional, first attempt to communicate with the provider directly. If this is unsuccessful, contact the state licensing board.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

They won't submit all my bills to insurance. Some they do, some they don't. I don't know why except that some of the charges are for "miscellaneous procedures" and that seems a bit odd, especially when the bill is hundreds of dollars. The front desk girl/billing person would not let me in for my appointment one day because she insisted that I owed two bills for $87 each. I finally had to call my insurance while I stood there and let her speak to my insurance people who told her that I do not owe the bills because my insurance would pay. This all took about 1/2 hour then she said that I was late for my appointment and they canceled my appointment after I took time off work and paid $6 for parking. There is another serious incident for which I am writing the Attorney General. This dentist seems very nice and I went there because his ad said he's a christian and I have never been so sad and scared of a business, ever. I feel I have been conned.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2013