Ratings for Dr. Charles Scudamore

Dr Scudamore is just plain rude. In mid-conversation, he picks up his cell and starts chatting. I would understand if it was an emergency but it was a social call. He’s done that to me numerous times but you’re at his mercy so you put up with it. Now his secretary, Dory, is a whole different ball of wax. Best words to describe her: incompetent, rude, negligent, and above all, a LIAR!!! When I called to ask if my mom’s CT scan had been booked, she said “Oh honey, I booked that the day she had her surgery. Now we’re just waiting for VGH to call.” Two to three weeks later, still no appointment so we followed up again. She said she’ll find out what’s going on and let us know. We finally got an appointment so because she’s lied to us again and again, we called VGH. They said Dory JUST booked the appointment. We called her on it and of course she has no comment. She seems to think people suffering from cancer are a nuisance! How does someone like her get to keep her job??!!!! Fire her and I’ll find someone with half a brain who will do twice the work of this horrible woman. She should not be in the medical industry! No compassion whatsoever!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

He performed a liver bypass surgery after a horrific motorcycle accident in 1993...when I was 19...and saved my life...so he's kinda like Jesus to me anyway...now I'm 43 married and have two boys and I'm still ticking almost a quarter century later...so I guess he connected all the magic wires together correctly.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Horrible experience with this doctor. Very rude and unfriendly secretary. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Awful experience with Dr. Scudamore and his receptionist, Dori. Dori was rude and dismissive with every single interaction. Dr. Scudamore himself has absolutely no bed side manner what so ever. Was prepped for surgery only to have Dr. come in and say he was on holidays and hadn't looked at the recent CT scan until that morning ( which was done 2 weeks prior) only to determine tumor has grown and he wouldn't be able to perform the surgery at all as the tumor is now too large. Literally had the IV in and gown on ready to go........only to be told to go home. Devastating and frustrating, this Dr. had no compassion at all. Was a patient for a few years and every single interaction with Dori was just miserable and rude, and not much better with the Dr. himself. Very curious how these people would feel if they or a loved one were treated this way if they had a very serious or life threatening illness.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dory his secretary is a joke, never answers the phone and is very rude. She has no idea what shes talking about and the doc is almost as bad. They are going through the motions and not paying attention. Time to have them replaced.Doc looking at CT scan, said all is all clear when we were there to go over 2 tumors found on the CT scan, lol. What an idiot! Find someone younger VGH, this guys done.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Dr. Charles Scudamore killed my mother before she should have died. He made a decision, or lack thereof, that unfortunately led to her death. In our initial appointment, he told us that he met with a board of physicians and decided not to give my mother localized chemotherapy before he was to operate on her liver cancer. This was a very good idea because her immune system was compromised at this point but surgery was still a very realistic option. The liver cancer he said was an easy surgery that would take about an hour and have minimal side effects... saying that my mother should have a good recovery. HOWEVER, somehow my mother was called in and they gave her the chemotherapy anyways... clearly Dr. Scudamore had requisitioned this not only going back on his word but NOT understanding the other co-morbidities my mother was going through at that time. Personally, I think he FORGOT what he said to us and was not thinking! Her immune system was too depleted to handle the chemotherapy. Immediately after receiving the chemotherapy her body began shutting down. There was NO WAY her body could have handled the chemo and survived and Dr. Scudamore told us his treatment was NOT to include the chemo. My mother died due to organ failure shortly after receiving the chemotherapy. In my opinion, from pure negligence on Dr. Scudamores part. With all the hope he had given us my mother died in a confused and delusional state because of the sepsis from organ failure. Imagine if this happened to your mother? I called Dr. Scudamores office after my mom's death because I wanted to know why he chose that specific treatment method... he wouldn't take my calls and ignored multiple voicemails. This is something that plagues me and my family every day which he showed no remorse for. That is because, in my opinion, he completely fucked up and realized it so he tucked his tail and tried to dodge any responsibility or accountability from talking to the family. I'm not sure if this is because the system has our surgeons overworked and they are spread too thin or because he just is negligent and didn't pay attention. Either way, the decisions he made killed my mother. Make sure you keep this guy accountable.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Amazing. I wouldn't be here today if I had not met this extraordinary man and the BC transplant team.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

The ghost dr. Did a small procedure on my wife and never saw him again, just the "TEAM"". It was pretty obvious you're a right off if you have pancreatic cancer so why waste the time. Bc cancer was no better. It was unbelievable.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr. Scudamore has changed my life, and I'm indebted to you sir, I've suffered with up right quadrant pain for thirty five years, one Doctor after another examined me, they couldn't find a thing, checked gall bladder, liver, myriad of tests, scans, more blood work, hernia checks. He actually listen to my history of the injury, while running at an extreme pace something blew up in my mid to upper right quadrant, his examination took two minutes, a completed tear of the rectus abdominis muscle, a simple injection and the pain was gone that had been there for thirty five years, now time will tell, we may need surgery but for the first time in thirty five years I can take a deep breath without severe pain. Absolute five star. Thank you sir from the bottom of my heart. Good day Don

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Dr. Scudamore took the time to give me a lot of information regarding my current health status that others had not taken the time to do. Virus free after having Hep C for 30 years. In 20 minutes, Dr. Scudamore diagnosed a current issue I had struggled with for the past 18 months, several Dr's, constant pain and told it was it was in my head. He was able to do this because he took the time to listen to what I said. I thank Dr. Scudamore and it was a pleasure meeting him

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015