Ratings for Dr. Shawn D. Barrong

I started out seeing his mid wife, Elizabeth, she is WONDERFUL! The first few meetings with Dr. Barrong were fine until I started to develop pain in my hips and pelvic that I had never experienced in my first two pregnancies (I saw another provider for the first two kids, military life)his response was consistent with each appointment, "it's just part of the pregnancy" even when I couldn't walk due to so much pain, his response never changed. He's voice is gentle but his posture says, hurry up. Now, two months post, I still have the same pelvic & hip pain & am in PT, no thanks to him. I was seen by Dr. Miles, she referred me & apologized for these issues not being addressed much sooner. My PT requested an MRI, Barrong refuses to process the referral & recommends I see my normal physician instead. Anyone with Tricare knows this game will take forever to process. See Dr. Miles. She & her staff are kind & there for your care & don't make you feel like just another number.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

He was incredibly knowledgable, very quick recovery and a year later I barely have a scar. I spent about a total of three hours with him my entire pregnancy and delivery. He was always very late and rushed me, I honestly wanted all my appointments to be with his nurse practitioner, she was amazing.I'll be going back if I ever get pregnant again, not because I like his personality, but because he's the best.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

Dr Barrong is a great ob We will absolutely be going to him for future children.He is helpful and polite but does lack being on time for the most part. The one dislike I had was he would have grumpy days where he was quick to hurry up the appointment and didn't seem as friendly and made you feel like you couldn't take your time asking questions and would tend to cut you off before you can finish what you are saying. But for the majority he is patient and kind and always apologized for causing pain and discomfort that occurred during pelvic exams. And would take his time with us. He just needs to lighten up a bit and be a little more outgoing and work on not making people feel rushed. His staff on the other hand other than his medical assistant is very rude and cold shouldered especially the front desk. I hated going there because of them.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012

My baby is a symptom to Dr. Barrong. He won't try my tubes. He continues to push the essure procedure.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2012

Amazing Doctor. Talked to my husband and I openly about what to expect from my pelvic floor surgery.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

Dr. Barrong is a very caring, giving doctor. One of the best OB's out there and I would highly recommend him to anyone having a baby. He has delivered both of my kids and always made me feel comfortable and gave the time even if he was running behind schedule to make sure that everything was answered. I have had two somewhat difficult pregnancies and he has been awesome in reassuring me that everything would be ok. Now I have 2 beautiful children and would go to him for any future pregnancies.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2010

Dr. B Always takes the time to listen to you needs and concerns and help find a solution by working with you, and asking questions, not just assuming the most common problem and leaving you hanging. He is also doing my pre-natal care and is amazing. I could not recommend him or his office more

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

Dr. Barrong, his nurse practitioner and his staff are helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

Very nice doctor who truly cares about his patients. Always takes time to answer questions and never tries to rush th appt.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2010

Dr Barrong is awesome. He is the best doctor that I have EVER used. He delivered my twins via c-section. No complications, quick recovery. He always took the time to answer our questions and never rushed us. He happened to be on call on Christmas day when I had to call in due to a concern. I felt horrible interrupting his Christmas celebration, but he was so nice and told me that he was glad that I called. He really cares about his patients. If I have more children I will definitely use him, and will recommend him to all of my friends.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

Dr. Shawn D. Barrong's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)