You may also like

Rate Dr. R.F. Demarchi

Dr. R.F. Demarchi's Ratings

Have been seeing this Dr for many years. Pros - he is punctual, will go out of his way if there is an emergency (ie. on a Saturday etc.), is good with referrals if asked/required, you don't have to be dying for him to write you a prescription (in other words, he doesn't tell you to wait 10 days and see and then come back to see him if you need antibiotics. He will write the prescription on the first visit and tell you to wait before getting it filled if required.), He doesn't waste your time. Cons - he doesn't really seem to listen, is quick with the pen to write a prescription, not interested in looking at other natural remedies. Will overprescribe or prescribe a new medication just to "try it out" Does NOT spend a lot of time with the patients, and talks to you while he's walking away (so annoying!) so you can't disagree with him. Is NOT up to date on sick leave benefits for wcb, EI, or extended health, and will send you back to work while still sick or injured. Does NOT like filling out forms, and charges you a fee for every single one that he does fill out.
Nicole his receptionist is lovely, his wife (Mary) I do not care for.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2876177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Dr demarchi has been my Dr since childhood, I wouldn't go to anyone else or recommend anyone else! He is fast and to-the-point which i like. He'll ask you everything and anything he needs to know to give you the best advice. Super caring!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2866946].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. DeMarchi for many years, i stopped seeing him for a couple and went to clinics instead. I didn't know what I was missing until I went back to him after suffering a sports injury. He will give you the straight dope, people complain that he's impolite, when he's really just direct; which is what I want in a doctor. I made him laugh once - I'm pretty proud of that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2799568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I cannot say enough about how wonderful he is! If he's accepting new patients, I would highly recommend him! He's supportive, punctual, informative, and friendly! He keeps his patient's accountable which is important in a society that needs more emphasis on self-management related to health. Nicole is great also! 5 stars in my books!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788502].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

He was my family doctor for many years growing up. I made the choice to stop seeing him after he told his medical students I had an eating disorder, which was untrue! It was unprofessional and rude of him. He also told me I had mono ("kissing disease") when it turned out to be strep throat. He has no manners in my opinion, can be quite rude and blunt, loves to prescribe medications and hates filling out forms.
My mother also used to see him and stopped when he would not sign forms for her to receive disability from the government. She is physically and mentally incapable of working but he said it was all in her head and pills will help her.
I'm staying far, far away from him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2593329].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

all I can Say he's not a good Doctor always rushing off.. sometimes not polite ,also if you are with icbc /disability/ workescomp /STAY AWAY FROM HOM HES NO GOOD //he doesnt like filling forms !!!! he's no good

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1923830].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Excellent Doctor, Very Helpful and explains all about the illness to you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1923829].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

Good doctor, punctual & kind, quick to prescribe medications. Was my family doctor for 10+ years and my only caution is I would strongly recommend against seeing him if you have a soft tissue injury from an ICBC claim. He seems to dislike the paperwork (but who wouldn't), my main concern is I found him to be dismissive about my pain concerns & hesitant to refer me to massage/physio which I wish I'd done right after my accident. Other that that, he is great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1923828].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2010

Have an ICBC claim? Stay away from this doctor. He does not want anything to do with them and will not support you in the end. His clinical notes refer to his assessments and assumptions, however he barely moves past the door to do an assessment. This doctor does not seem to believe in the work of therapists (ie. massage, chiro, etc.)and will consider their treatments and notes to be inconsistent if it does not match his. This doctor is very pro-medication so if you are looking for drugs then sign up with this clinic!! I am not happy with him as a family doctor and could not wait until my ICBC claim was done to transfer to a new doctor. Too bad I waited!! But he won't keep you waiting!! he's almost always on time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1923827].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

If you are looking for a referral or a prescription then this is your guy. He is very pro-medication and anti anything else. He does not believe in any sort of natural treatments. He does not have much of a personality and has only managed to say more then 2 words when he is doing a physical exam. I don't think he should have been a family GP. He's great with the really young and really old, but not so much in between. Mind you with his outdated archiac knowledge and beliefs i would not take my kids to him. On the flip side, he is almost always on time and Nicole does a great job!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1923826].votes_count ]]