Ratings for Dr. Evelyn E. Vanderveen

Dr. Vander Veen did a biopsy and found a squamous cell cancer which she removed. Two months later I went to a different dermatologist and he took 4 biopsy's and found 3 additional squamous cell and basil cell cancers two with roots. Stitches were required after surgery. Why did Dr. Vander Veen not find these cancers. The new doctor examined my skin with a dermoscope that shines light and magnifies the skin. Dr. Vander Veen used visual inspection only.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

In my opinon, this doctor should not be practicing medicine. I found her behavior to be very bizarre. When she entered the room, she was very argumentative~which made no sense considering I was there to receive help. Sadly, it was clear that she was not capable of assisting me in any meaningful way. Based on my startling experience, I felt it was important to review her and perhaps save others from the same bad experience.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2014

doctor treated staff like dirt--cant imagine having to work with her attitude all day

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

I went to Dr. Vanderveen and her physician's assistant Connie Benigni for laser hair removal on my face and neck. I noticed that my skin appeared thinned after treatment 13 and called Connie Benigni to report the problem. I was told that the thinning was either temporary, my face changing naturally or my imagination. I believed the information given because she was being supervised by Dr. Vanderveen and I had been going to her for two years. However, after treatment 16, my face hurt and was bright red and wavy. I watched as the skin on my face became thin and tight. My jawline now appears indented and uneven. I went to see Dr. Vanderveen to discuss the damage and what could be done to correct it. She came into the room and asked me what my problem was and then proceeded to verbally belittle me. She made derogatory comments and refused to examine my face. I went to the Mayo Clinic and it was confirmed there that my face was indeed permanently damaged by the laser hair removal.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2009

Extremely knowledgeable

flag | Submitted November 8, 2006

Dr. Evelyn E. Vanderveen's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1980)