Ratings for Dr. Scott R. Jacob

We had a terrible experience with Scott Jacobs. He rushed my wife's delivery, and in the meantime made some bad mistakes. When he induced labor he walked out saying everything is clear, not noticing the meconium and how green it was. Our nurse helped us out with that. He then left until our baby was ready to be delivered and he rushed it. My wife suffered a second degree tear and the way he handled the whole delivery seemed completely un professional and rushed. He seemed more eager to go home then to do his job. Terrible experience and terrible an even worse person

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I had an appalling experience with Dr. Jacob. If you are looking for an unmedicated birth he is not the right guy. He is very technology focused and even pushy, encouraging women to have unnecessary procedures for the sake of convenience to him. He doesn't know what delayed cord clamping actually entails and was extremely forceful with a mother who repeatedly asked him to stop giving her a non0emergency related vaginal exam-she was even pulling his hand away and he yelled at her. NOT the way to treat a woman during labor.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Doctor Jacobs is by far mine and my husbands favorite doctor at Valley Ob! He always would come into the room well educated with what was going on with our pregnancy and he always knew what we were having, a boy! He would always do the routine stuff and then instead of hurrying out he would sit and talk to us. Ask us questions, answered all our questions and kind of just got to know us. He always made us feel as if our appointments were well spent and never once made us feel rushed no matter how busy the office was. The nurses that call us back were all amazing also! The front desk staff are disappointing and the little Hispanic girl has a major additude and always seems like she is too good to talk to you, BUT DO NOT let the people that don't see you medically ruin your experience, valley ob behind the scenes are amazing and doctor Jacobs is the very best!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I have known Dr.Scott Jacob as a patient for years and have also worked with him as a Labor/Delivery nurse for years also. He is one of the best Obstetricians that I have ever worked with and always treats patients with respect and listens to their concerns. He is extremely knowledgeable and truly cares for his patients! I have worked as a nurse on Labor and Delivery for 26 years, and would put Dr.Jacob at the top of the list of Physicians that I have worked with!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

I have moved away from provo, and I have considered driving an hour just to see Dr. Jacob. He is kind, great at listening, super knowledgeable. I so appreciated him, he is a great doctor!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

The office is usually packed and you have to wait a while, but I thought Dr. Jacob was one of the best doctors there. I only first met him when he delivered my son, but he was so nice both at the hospital and at my checkup 6 weeks later. Took time to explain this to me and answer any questions.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

I would highly recommend Dr. Jacob he is a very professional, kind and attentive doctor. I have had some fertility issues and he had been the only doctor that would truly listen to me and come up with a plan and options. I think anyone who wants a doctor that cares should be seen by Dr. Jacob.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

Love this doctor!! He takes time to address any questions or concerns and is suuuuuuuper nice!!! I have only gone twice but was surprised that he remember me after only a routine prenatal check three months prior to my second visit.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

I did like him at first..even though they were about 2 hours late getting to my appointment b/c his staff overbooked him. HOWEVER, by only pushing on my stomach, he completely missed the fact that I was having twins and b/c of him nobody looked for two babies until I had an ultrasound at 24 weeks.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

Excellent doctor. Very attentive and professional. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2009

Dr. Scott R. Jacob's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)