Ratings for Dr. Michelle D. Massias

I took my 9 year old daughter to Dr.Massias yesterday to have her checked for the Flu. She has always had complete trust in doctors and likes them all. She is a VERY COMPLIANT young lady. This was our first visit with Massias. When it came time to swab my daughter's nose, she stuck the swab so far up her nose that my daughter was crying VERY hard. Massias said:you are going to haveto put her in your lap and hold her arms so I can get some more. The swab was completely covered before this. She never threw her arms up or anything and now I was told to hold them "her down". The doctor keeps saying: I've never had this reaction before. All my daughter was doing was crying. No jerking around or anything. Was she saying: I'm sorry, I know this hurts...anything comforting? NO! Not one time. My daughter has had her nose swabbed many times not to mention been through painful procedures and she never has cried like this. this doctor has no compassion. Now my daughter hates all doctors.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. Massias is a phenominal doctor who cares about her patients and their families. Very intellegent, understanding, highly skilled, kind & knowledgeable. Can't say enough great things about this doctor!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2006