Ratings for Dr. Shatha F. Mechael

she is very good dr. and she is doing great and every body smile there and she has very light hand, I love going there for my dental work.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Friendly, helpful staff. Lots of explanations & minimal pain. I really feel Dr. Mechael takes the time to listen to my concerns, she keeps in mind what we can afford and still gives me the best care. I am so happy to be a patient!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

I have been going to this dentist for over 5 years, and when I read the rating by this one individual Marsha, I was really upset, becasue Dr. Mechael is one of the best dr. in town, and she is very honest. You haven't even met the doctor how could you rate her that low. That is not fair and whatever your problem was you should be fair to other people, specially to a doctor you never spoken to or met. anyone wants the facts from real patients go to this website to see other tens of patients rating to this office and doctor. http://www.patientactivator.com/public/microsites/microsite.aspx?quid=8dc3927dcb

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

I chose El Cajon Family Dental Center to schedule a cleaning/exam. I wanted no xrays, as I have never had a cavity. Sinan (office manager) told me it was against the law for them to do a cleaning without xrays. He said, “you know, HIPAA, it’s the law. Your insurance pays for it anyway.” I said, HIPAA states that xrays are required by law? I told him I had read HIPAA, and that was untrue. He said I should call the American Dental Association. So I did. I called ADA, and CDA. Here is what I eventually found: From the ADA’s JADA Sept 2006: The ADA's recommendations, now echoed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), include instructions that “[dentists] should prescribe radiographs after an evaluation of the patient's needs that includes a health history review, a clinical dental history assessment, a clinical examination and an evaluation of susceptibility to dental diseases. See http://jada.ada.org/cgi/reprint/137/9/1304 Avoid this office at all costs.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2010