Ratings for Dr. Amanda Fortin

Please read this... this woman thinks she is a God and does what she wants to you and does not tell you til after the fact. I got reconstruction done by her. She failed to tell me what was inside me and then acted like I should have known when she never gave me a clear plan. When my surgery failed and I developed a rare infection instead of consulting fellow doctors she took things into her own hands and treated me according to what she believed was right. She made a radical decision that she wanted to do a third surgery where she’d rip me open and leave me heal from the inside out. Well this woman who never read anything on the infection and never consulted any other docs would have prolonged my healing because had she done this surgery she would have made things worse with the infection I had. Total lack of knowledge or even the time to research something that you don’t see everyday. Then when I asked about hope, a future and chance to feel normal again... another reconstruction she dismisses me stating I need to heal and not to worry about that right now. I was not worried. I wanted some light at the end of this. She is very robotic, three tick pony and does not think outside the box. No regard for how you feel and does not communicate or work well with others. She gets on surgery highs and just wants to cut with no regard for the consequences. If you feel your doctor can not take time to properly explain what she is doing and give you clear plans of action to an end result, seriously consider another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Dr Fortin is a very caring doctor and surgeon. She operated on my husband and she provided us with the sense of comfort and confident in removing a golf ball size tumor on his right arm. The procedure went fast and really well. She is an excellent doctor with a giant heart. Thank you so much Dr Fortin from the both of us.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

Waited 15 months to see Dr. Fortin for hand /finger related problem. Was left in waiting room for over an hour, not counting 1/2 hour wait in registration dept. Left without seeing doctor - as there were still 3+ patients ahead of me. This doctor has major Time Management problems and treats her patients like a commodity. Would she wait in her Financial Manager's office or Lawyer's office for over one hour past her allocated appointment? I think not. Very disappointed with the level of care and lack of empathy towards her patients. Will NOT BE REBOOKING with this physician. Shame on her and her practice!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

I just had a cyst removed from my wrist. From the initial consult to the surgery , she was kind, caring and knowledgeable. I highly recommend her for all your reconstruction or plastic surgery needs!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

Dr Fortin was an amazing professional. We were lucky to be in her care.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Got a breast reduction by this doctor. Very kind, very knowledgeable, great bedside manners. Would recommend her to anybody.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016