Ratings for Dr. Michael Haghighi

Dr. does not seem interested at all with me as a person and yet if direct with him he is excellent at good referrals to needed specialist. This Dr. Is all business. Cold. Smart and not a nurturing bone in his body. I left a very nice Dr whose office staff was awful and incompetent.....I miss Dr P's genuine kindness.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

The office staff was making rude comments about a previous patient that had just called about a prescription. The nurse came in and checked my blood pressue and asked for my prescriptions that I was currently taking. She walked out because she did not want to waste the doctors time putting my prescriptions in. Dr. Haghighi walked into the office swinging the door behind him. He did not ask my name or shake my hand or even say hello. He asked me why I was in to see him. This was my first time seeing him. He did not ask me about my medical history or anything about my surgeries, and or past medical conditions. He did not evaluate me or my vitals (i.e., pulse, temperature, lungs, etc). He answered a personal phone call in the middle of the appointment. He told me he called something in to the pharmacy for me... what he called in or the name of the prescriptions is unknown at this current point. He walked out after saying are we done and did not even say goodbye or a nice to meet you.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Very incompetent rude Staff not helpful at all, one of them actually physically got in my face. I'm told I have to come in about every two weeks. I have regular meds I've been on for years and they need refilled at different times and he wants me to come in for every refill. I have also been told on several different occasions the my meds are controlled that's why he can't refill them. I called both the insurance and pharmacy and was told that wasn't the case at all, that there wasn't any reason my meds couldn't be called in. I've also been told a return call was coming which never did come. My insurance didn't pay for one of my office visits so I questioned the coding ( I have a background in Med Rec) the Dr. himself got nasty with me and said he does all his own coding himself based on the care he provides, I ask him what the difference in care was from one visit to the next. He didn't really have an answer. I called the ins co right there from his office and had them tell him themselves correct you error in the coding and you be paid. Low and behold he corrected it and he got paid. I just got off the phone with my new Dr. I'm done fighting this office every time I need a script filled.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Very incompetent Staff not helpful at all. I've been told my scripts for my maintenence meds have been called in on three different occasions over a three week time frame and a month later they still haven't been called in. I am now out of my meds and just today I've been told they would be taken care of and I would receive a return call which never came.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Was treated well with no unusual delays. Dr. used the computer and did not inquire if I had any personal problems I might wish to discuss.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013