Ratings for Dr. Laurie Polis

wTF!!!! Feel like I was just mugged at the drs office. She would not tell me the number of units she was using. Wonted me to pay a consultation fee to tell me where to put the Botox. She was extremely rude. In addition I did not get the 50 dollar rebate she was currently promoting, what a horrible experience!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Lori P for 7 years now. I love her. I go for routine mole checks and she has never pushed the cosmetic stuff on me but I will end up going to her when I choose to have a little something done. I don't know why people say you have to be a star to get the star treatment or some such insecure nonsense. Yes, she has an impressive clientele, but as a "commoner" I can attest to the fact that she has always been a sheer delight to me. Sometimes there is a wait, but that is the case with every good doctor I have. She no longer takes my insurance, but even in a tough financial year I went to her. I have a lot of moles and I need someone that I trust. Dr. Polis is lovely person and a great doctor.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

$400 to diagnose hives? I felt taken advantage of but still managed to walk out with a $100 face cream that she pushed on me (making my bill $500). I got 10 very distracted minutes of her time. People were walking in and out of the room as I lifted my shirt to show her my rash. She's got great skin herself, however I suspect you only get star treatment if you are a star.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2009

Dr Polis is a wonderful DR who cares about her patients She is always on the cutting edge in beauty treaments & prodecdures I have been a patient for 15 years & I look 15 years younger thamn I am

flag | Submitted September 13, 2008

I went to Dr Polis a few times, but each time had to wait literally for hours to see her. I went for cosmetic injections, so I paid (a lot) in cash, which made the waiting time even more painful. She doesn't do anything special with botox that another doctor can't do, so I really don't see the point of 3 hour visits to see her for 3 minutes.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Polis for 6 years. Her on time rate has increased dramatically over the last two years. She is a terrific doctor and doesn't push the envelope when it comes to procedures-very natural-lots of compliments on my skin and only my Dr. knows for sure. Love her.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

no one else helped me. finally someone who knew what she was doing. i got follow up calls, proper medicine. when i told her i didn't have insurance she GAVE ME medicines. she is a gem. yes, i waited about a half hour, but so well worth it. the woman knows what she is doing.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2008

I also had to wait for about 2 hours each time, this is with an appointment scheduled in advance. The visits however would only last for about 5 minutes. She would take a quick look and give at least 4 expensive prescriptions each time.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2006

I went to her a couple of times. I had to wait, no exaggeration, for hours. When I told the desk I was going to leave, they replied, "The doctor won't like that." I responded, "Then she needs to schedule her appointments better," and I walked out. Outrageous. I would never go back.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2006

Dr. Laurie Polis's Credentials

• Mt Sinai Sch Of Med Of The City Univ Of Ny, New York Ny 10029 (Grad. 1983)