Ratings for Dr. Patricia S. Wexler

untenable condescension - with no attempt change that behavior. as an adult, i have no interest in being talked to so patronizingly AND charged through the roof after having to wait *90 minutes - with ZERO time to talk about the procedure. this is not a manicure or a haircut - this is my face. and questions asked by a patient serve the purpose of UNDERSTANDING - instead, it's as if it's an irritation, only to be treated with condescension and abruptness. inexcusable. dr. wexler has lost one more patient. and this only continue as long as she treats her patients so poorly.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

500 for 10 minutes! She told me my botched necklifts could not be fixed by any Plastic surgeon in NYC!! She was condescending and dismissive One of the worst experiences I've had speaking with a doctor. I'm sure if I was one of her "celebrity" clients, I would have been treated very differently!!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

Received a quote for Botox and when I went to pay I was charged $1000 over the quote. I was told the consultation would go against the services. I called when I realized they weren't, I spoke to the office. They acknowledged but instead of crediting my account, they offered me a credit. With her prices, I would have just ended up spending even more than the credit...not worth it.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

her front desk staff is terrible, botox up the but, talk to me like i had a monkey on my head.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

NY Dermatologist "Expert Endorser" Settles FTC Charges That She Made False Claims in Infomercial for Purported Baldness Cure FTC News Release Patricia Wexler, MD, a New York City dermatologist, has agreed to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that, as an expert endorser, she made claims that she knew or should have known were false and misleading in a program-length commercial for Omexin — a purported baldness cure. The proposed settlement agreement, which was announced today for public comment, would prohibit Wexler from making false or unsubstantiated claims or endorsements. The Commission alleged that an advertisement in which Dr Wexler appears — the infomercial "Can You Beat Baldness?" — depicts her as an expert in hair loss, and that in that role she made representations such as the following: * "We have patients in both a double-blind study and using what we consider to be a very active ingredient, and what we've seen is that patients

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

This doctor isn't for everyone, I guess. I saw her once and found her too domineering. She has a million suggestions that cost about the same and I'm sure if one followed them, one would look good. But I need a doctor to work with me, not on me as if I'm a thing. She did find a mole that she insisted I get removed. I saw Dr. Brauner for its biopsy and removal. And she was right; the mole was not exactly cancerous, but "funny." So, although if it weren't for her, I probably would still have the mole, she is a little abrasive and has really bad hair extensions which are a turn off on a cosmetically oriented doctor.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2011

I went to Wexler for some years but have switched to the Geronemous practice. Never on time by sometimes an hour: very poor scheduling and often she is dallying on her own things. Tries newest thing before proven (I had a very expensive procedure that did nothing). A lot of hype here, not worth it. Staff not friendly.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2010

Based on her reputation, I saw Dr. Wexler for a consultation. I waited 45 minutes to see her. No one was ahead of me, as she had just returned from lunch. She was talking to her staff, asking where her dry cleaning was. Finally, I went to the desk and said I had to be seen. I was feeling dismissed and ignored. Once I did get to see her, she seemed well-informed and helpful. If you're not a celebrity or socialite, don't expect nice treatment.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010