Dr. Shaneela Shahid

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Shaneela Shahid

Wonderful Dr. She is very helpful, knowledgable and always provides best care possible.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Kind, gentle, caring and knowledgeable doctor who is willing to work with parents. Thank you Dr. Shahid for the excellent care to our children, we really love you.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

After reading these reviews, I was excited we got our newborn in to see Dr. Shahid. Unfortunately, we had the opposite experience. We waited over 45 minutes past our appointment. This would have been worth it to see a doctor as wonderful as the ones these reviews portray, but Dr. Shahid was cold and didn’t engage with our daughter at all. Our daughter was slow to gain back her birth weight and we were worried since we were trying all that we could. Dr. Shahid was nothing but judgmental and made us as first time parents feel awful. She kept telling us there was “room for improvement” but when we asked her what we should be doing differently, she had no suggestions. She could see we were worried and offered us no compassion, she just told us we needed to get our daughter’s weight up (which we knew...it’s why we were seeing her in the first place). This was easily the worst experience I’ve had with a doctor and I would never take my child back to see her.

Submitted March 30, 2018

I recently had a baby and first time mother. Having gentle and caring doctor is very important who can guide you to take care of child. We are very fortunate to have Dr. Shahid to take care of my son and answer all our questions patiently.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2018

My son is followed by Dr. Shahid for the last 3 years for ADHD. She has been regularly seeing my child and monitoring his general health and school performance. We are happy that our child is cared by outstanding Paediatrician.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

We saw Dr. Shahid at Milton District Hospital, her prompt assessment of my child and transferring the care of my child to McMaster Hospital was truly appreciated. Even thought it was middle of the night, Dr. Shahid did not leave the hospital until my child was transferred to McMaster Children's Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

My son had severe speech delay and he was recently seen by Dr. Shahid for diagnosis of Autism. In first meeting, Dr. Shahid was able to answer all our questions, spent plenty of time with us, and arranged all the testings. She also wrote the letter for school and sent referral to Erin Oak Kids. I am very thankful to Dr. Shahid for her care and advocating for our child.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr. Shahid is very helpful and always finds time to see her patients. Despite being a snow day today in Milton ON, we saw her at her clinic at 7AM today. Dr. Shahid has a pleasant personality and is very caring physician.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

My son was referred to Dr. Shahid for abdominal pain by our family Dr. We found Dr. Shahid very knowledgable, humble and friendly. After getting treatment from Dr. Shahid, my son is feeling much better now. Thank you Dr. Shahid for all your help.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

First met Dr. Shahid for a referral from our family Dr. All I would like to say is, she is a fantastic Dr. and helps above and beyond. We live in Mississauga and drive all way to Milton to see this Dr. It is worth the drive.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Dr. Shaneela Shahid's Credentials

Dr. Shahid has completed her four year Pediatric Residency from Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry – University of Western Ontario and two year of fellowship in Neonatal Perinatal Medicine from Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine – McMaster University. Dr. Shahid is Canadian & American Board Certified Pediatrician and is fellow of Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada & fellow of American Academy of Pediatrics. Dr. Shahid is currently working as Consultant Paediatrician at McMaster Children's Hospital, Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital, Joseph Brant Hospital & Milton District Hospital. Dr. Shahid is also Assistant Clinical Professor at McMaster University.

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2011)
  • McMaster University (Grad. 2013)