Ratings for Dr. Brenda Hardie

I've been seeing her for a few years now. She was great until I had a real medical issue that required intervention and then she suddenly became useless - her answers were "I don't know" and she refused to give me a lab req so that I could get myself checked out. I still see her because it's so hard to get a doctor in BC, but I consult my naturopath for everything except pap tests. She's a teaching doctor at a teaching clinic, so I like to think that maybe she's just busy and that's why she didn't help me, but at the end of the day I don't trust her anymore.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2018

Always patient and a good listener. She has taken my issues seriously and shows that she cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Staff is terrible. I never get a follow-up call, even after having alarmed cholesterol levels in my blood exam. I had to find out myself and re-book a consultation. Clearly, they don't care.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2018

Dr. Hardie style is so different than Dr. Wilsons. He remembered things that were important to his patients. I think it was because he always followed up with you after a resident saw you to make sure things were ok with the advice given which she doesn't. I have found that I rarely see Dr. Hardie when I finally do see her, her advice is good, but she is distant which makes it hard to know if she gets you. if you see someone else in the clinic that information isn't shared properly with her. You have to on top of connecting your information or other wise you end up having to go there again and again. I have had few incidents regarding residence in terms of test that didn't have proper information on it, or not received at all and I have had to start all over again which is frustrating. Not sure if this is Hardie or the overall clinic has problems in the way it is managed-organized now versus when it was at Women and Children's.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr. Hardie has a very light hand in performing Pap-smears - absolutely no discomfort or pain, and she's very quick. She is also very knowledgeable and up-to-date with latest best practices. Overall, I've had only positive experiences with Dr. Hardie.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Honestly the doctor I've seen. She's always over an hour and a half late and she treats patients with mental illnesses extremely badly. I have yet to have a positive experience with her and I find that her locum doctors are more intelligent and caring than she is. She is careless with requisitions and referrals. I've gone to specialists she's forwarded me to and she never sends the referral on time. She barely knows what she's talking about. Not even comparable to Doctor Wilson, who retired.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. Hardie is in my books, one of the most caring G.P.'s I've ever been under. She is always researching my condition with updates and follow-through. She never has left me feeling hopeless or wondering. I feel so good after time spent with her. She's apathetic, listens, gives great advice and researches issues while I'm there. Yes, you sometimes have to wait, but what is knew in this field. She is worth the wait! I feel very safe with her and have only improved throughout the few years I've been under her care!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

She replaced Dr. Wilson who was amazing. I have been with Dr. Hardie now for almost 4 years and now its time to look for a new doctor. Her bedside manner is terrible. Although she is knowledgeable. She is always late and I have waited for up to an hour for her many times. The office staff is consistently miserable (I would suggest that they look for another job because they seem unhappy all the time). Dr. Hardie gets the job done in terms of offering medical advice, referals etc however over the 4 years of seeing her I find her quite apathetic. The Family Practise Centre used to be great when it was a BC womens hospital.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

When talking directly to Dr. Hardie, our experiences have been great. However, her administrative staff are frustratingly inadequate: regularly sending the wrong requisition forms to other labs for testing, forgetting to book equipment, and not following up on test results. Constant hounding of her support staff is required to make sure they are doing their jobs. If you can get past that Dr. Hardie has been great.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

When you're feeling depressed about everything, she leaves you with some hope.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

Dr. Brenda Hardie's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.