Ratings for Dr. Richard D. Schubert

Dr. Schubert is very nice. But he failed twice to make a key diagnosis. I suffered stomach pain and his response was, "it can't be an ulcer b/c you eat breakfast." After months of excruciating pain, he referred me to a GI specialist and it was an ulcer. I also asked Dr. S. several times about irregular heart beats. He said no worries. After I switched docs, I learned that I had classic Mitral Valve Prolapse-- so much so that every resident and intern were called in to listen -- and it eventually got worse and required open heart surgery to repair it. According to Dr. S, it was just fine. I was told my choices were surgery or congenital heart failure. These were BIG misses.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Excellent doctor, and can be your primary care doc. Very Helpful and knowledgeable. Need to find out if he takes Medicare, because he no longer takes my regular health insurance.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

He is terrific. I have seen him for nearly ten years and he has always been right on time, which is almost unheard of for a doctor. He is kind, pleasant, unrushed, knowledgeable and compassionate. I really like him and his office staff is wonderful. You are treated with dignity and respect.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

I have been Dr. Schubert's patient since 1979. He has treated me for many maladies over the years. He has gotten me into specialists the same day on several occasions. He listens well and even remembers many personal things that wouldn't be in his notes. He's great.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

I and my wife think he's a GREAT doctor. It surprises me as well that someone would say he does not listen. We have found the opposite.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

Dr Schubert is our family doctor. He is respectful, listens to you, does not over-medicate and is knowledgeable. My husband and I think he is a great doctor and still see him despite the fact that moved more than 100 miles from DC

flag | Submitted January 27, 2011

An insulting waste of time and money. He dismissed all of the symptoms that I had described. He said my fatigue was caused by the fact that I was depressed that I didn't have the body of a twenty year old! Found a competent MD who diagnosed Lyme disease.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2006

Dr. Richard D. Schubert's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1972)