Dr. Thomas H. Burwinkel

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Thomas H. Burwinkel

It's hard for me to believe the negative comments. I started my infertility treatment in Oct of last year and we were able to get our tests immediately and then he performed my polyp removal surgery to perfection. Since I started treatment, my father passed away suddenly and my mother in law was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Even though we have only been trying for 8 months, we asked if we could take a more aggressive approach to treatment and he ordered it immediately. I feel like he is very knowledgeable and approachable, and hearing from other people who have had a hard time getting their doctor to help them when they haven't been struggling for long, I feel like the doctors and staff of this practice have gone above and beyond to help us.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

Dr. Burwinkel and the staff at IRH are outstanding. We couldn't be happier with their treatment. Dr. Burwinkel was so personable and took a deep interest in our well being and made it his personal goal to see us attain our desired results. He did not sugar coat his diagnoses and was always confident in his recommendations on the next steps of our treatment. We highly recommend this institute.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

He'll give you the answer if you know to ask the question. His overall tone sounds annoyed and like he has better places to be. Not ideal bedside manner especially for a fertility doc!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Knowledgeable, compassionate all round nice guy. Our girls are 16 and 14 (twins).....we still love and think of him and what he did for our family!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

Drove 2.5 hours each way to Cinci for consultation w/ Dr. Sheibler. Last minute, got call that he was unavailable and re-scheduled w/ Dr. Burwinkel. I had already requested the day off (difficult for me to ever take time off) so took the appt. Very disappointed. We waited at least 40 mins. past our appt. time. He was hurried-seemed bothered like we were just another number. Sent all medical records ahead of time, none of which he had reviewed. I came to discuss donor egg program (after many miscarriages). Because he didn't read my records, I had to recount my history which was emotional. He told me he didn't think wasn't ready for the donor egg program and referred me back to my doc at home to pursue other options. When I returned to her w/ his recommendations, she agreed to try his idea. Those options did not work and resulted in yet another m/c. Additionally, he made derogatory comments about my doc back home. Very arrogant, unprofessional and insensitive. Wasted time and trip.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

Very kind, patient, and always willing to go the extra mile! He laid everything out on the line and let us decide what routes we wanted to go. We were successful in our mission and could not have done it without him!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

He is the best doctor in town. we tried almost 2 years on our own and no result. One of my friend gave me his name. He met both of us first time almost 1 hour. He was listening carefully and gave us lot of hope.we went to his office in Dec 2009 and My wife was pregnant in Feb 2010 (3 months). My wife delivered a wonderful baby. Dr Burwinkel is very research oriented and he knows what he is doing. His office staff is the best. If you go for any test and his support staff will get result they will call patient immediately with report. He is very systematic and he does everything step by step.Dr Burwinkel gave us hope in our life and we are very happy. After Almighty God we give him all the credits for happiness in our life. All his nurses are also very very good. My wife had a problem with Thyroid and we went to few doctors and non one could diagnose and treat her. He started working and did several tests step by steps .He looks combination of Doctor and Scientist.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2010

Dr. Burwinkel and the staff are WONDERFUL. I cannot imagine going anywhere else. I have never left with questions or felt uneasy about our plan. The nurses are always prompt and polite when calling you back. Overall a wonderful experience. I wish that I could continue with their office even after I get pregnant.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2010

I went to him for Infertility. He was good at discussing the issues and providing different options. He was compassionate to my emotions and ended with a sucessful pregnancy.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

I went to him for IVF. He was amazing and so was his staff...Very nice and supportive through everything

flag | Submitted August 28, 2009

Dr. Thomas H. Burwinkel's Credentials

• Univ Of Cincinnati Coll Of Med, Cincinnati Oh 45267 (Grad. 1986)

Connecticare