Ratings for Dr. Olusegun Lawoyin

I am a primary health care doctor. When I went to Dr. Lawoyin I was in a lot of pain, with a long list of signs and symptoms. Based on my signs, symptoms and prior tests, I had narrowed down the possibilities to either scleroderma or POEMS syndrome. I gave Dr. Lawoyin the names of the tests needed to differentiate between these two conditions. He refused to order them. Then his secretary yelled at me for presuming to suggest tests. I had great difficulty even getting him to refer me to a rheumatologist. It took about a month of unanswered phone calls and letters before I finally got the needed referral from him. Finally, other doctors did do the tests I requested, and gradually it became clear that it was indeed scleroderma and not POEMS. This fall I was finally definitely diagnosed with scleroderma, by the doctor named this year as "Doctor of the Year" by the (national) Scleroderma Foundation. Dr. Lawoyin missed the boat on this one because he was too ready to assume hypochondria.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

office did not provide records needed for surgery. Provider contacted multiple times before records needed. Records where not sent and surgery had to be cancelled. Now the office staff can not be found!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

This doctor ignored both an elevated cholesterol result and a treatable level of TSH (as then considered by the American College of Endocrinology). He also ignored my long list of fatigue and other symptoms that pertained to possible hypothyroidism. Looking back on my driver's license photo of that time, I can see that a goiter was also present, which he ignored. Just a couple years later another doctor finally tested my TSH and found it elevated and started treating me. But by then the untreated hypothyroidism had already resulted in severe obstructive sleep apnea. The sleep study showed I wake or arouse every 2 to 3 minutes in order to breathe. I now must sleep with a CPAP machine for the rest of my life. And this has nothing to do with drug abuse!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2009

excellent well trained physician.cannot believe previous rating.probably written by a trouble maker or **** looking for narcotics!!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2006

Went to him for a routine physical and explained my multiple health problems. He did nothing at all during the physical except to listen very briefly with a stethoscope. Then I waited 2 months for him to write up the bloodwork for my physical. He would not answer my phone calls or letters. I had to threaten to report to my insurance company that he had never actually done a physical. Finally, when they said the blood order was ready to be picked up, the form was signed but empty. Waited all day in the office for him to finish with every patient before he would meet with me and fill out the form. In the meantime, I heard another patient tell the receptionist that her pharmacist said he didn't think Dr. Lawoyin was a real doctor. Lawoyin may have certifications, but I must agree with that assessment. Steer clear!!!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2006

Dr. Olusegun Lawoyin's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)

Top Hospitals in Randallstown, MD