Ratings for Dr. Dennis Eckel

I have been a payient with Dr. Eckel for a few years and will never change doctors. He and his staff are kind, endearing, honest and geniune. I had a miscarriage and they helped my husband and I work through the experience. When I became pregnant with my son, I was scared and excited. They took this into consideration and made this first time mom feel at ease and truly cared for. It takes me 35 mins to get there and the drive is worth it. If you think a 10 min wait time is too long you musy remmeber there is a wait because theu are the BEST. I will drive and wait to be treated as professionally and kindly as I am there. Call now and become part of the psuedo family. Lastly, Shelly and Leslie are amazing!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr Eckel is awesome.. His staff is the worst staff i have ever seen... terrible staff.. never answer phone calls... had to go to ER twice because for days they would not answer calls , i wasn't able to make appointment. If it wasn't for DR Eckel being that great, i would never ever go there and have to see his staff looking lost at all times.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Had a surgery and wasn't totally informed pre-op so only hearing AFTER the procedure I shouldn't get pregnant within a year was a bit upsetting. The office staff is ok, even though I went very often for 6+ months they never acted like they remembered me (I mean c'mon at least read my charts and pretend? At least the nurse..) and I try to schedule appts as early as possible or on lunch so I can disrupt my work schedule as little as possible but he is ALWAYS 20+ minutes late, usually more. I quite like him and trust him but there is definitely room for improvement in communication and punctuality.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014

Dr. Eckel is definitely older, but I would cry if he stopped practicing medicine as he is the best OBGYN I have ever had (and I have had some great ones in the past). I had a younger Dr, when I was with the Mom Docs and then my insurance was no longer being taken by their office, so I found Dr. Eckel. Thank God for him! I was having my 3rd child and in the beginning stages of my 2nd trimester when I was dropped by the Doc Moms who was a very, very young Dr who didn't seem to know to much and felt it was more important to chat with the nurses outside the room while I waited to be seen! Dr Eckel's office is so professional and so are all the assistants and nurses who work with him! I would highly recommend Dr. Eckel. I wish I would have known him when I had my first two children!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

This is an older man who does not seem to know newer surgical procedures available for women who have fibroid issues and ovarian cysts. He seems to prefer for the menopausal women to wait out or go for full surgery than explore other possibilities. His staff is incompetent. I informed them that my previous ultrasound was one year old and would need an update but they did not consult. Eckel ended up ordering that and asked me to come back SIX weeks 5 days before my scheduled surgery. The office appointment scheduler is not always available to take calls. I often left messages on the machine. I grew frustrated and tired of their incompetency and decided to ask for a new referral to another ob/gyn.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Eckel's for 4 years and was referred to him by a friend after I was unhappy with care I received elsewhere. I highly recommend him and have always found him to be extremely professional, knowledgeable, caring, competent, and a good listener. He was my doctor for two pregnancies and I continue to see him for annual exams. I've been equally impressed by how he treats me as a patient, as well as by his interaction with colleagues and staff, and also by his bedside manner. Prior to becoming his patient I lost three babies pre-term. Dr. Eckel has always taken time to address my concerns and answer questions, and was emphatic that I should call or come to the office if I experienced any problems. When I took his advice and did that, he and his staff always worked me in the same day--in spite of the fact that I drive 90 miles EACH way to his office. I could find a dr. closer in proximity, but none have ever compared to the level of care I've received from Dr. Eckel.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Great Doctor. Very concerned for each patient and their child.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

Doctor Eckel is an amazing doctor and has great bedside manner and is great at making sure all your questions are answered and expalining everything. He takes his job seriously and I have never see such an amazing doctor. He is just great.I never have to wait long for him I am usually able to get in on time with no problems at all.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

Our first child was born under extreme conditions (cord around neck) Primary was on vacation Eckel was the partner. He had NO bedside manner. NO ONE ever checked back with us and our child has had major difficulties since birth, Brain surgery, at least 20 hospital stays. I would not let Eckel deliver my DOG! I would not let him walk my dog! He is uncaring and his level of skill is non exsistent.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2011

Mr Eckel is great. Couldn't have had a better Dr. to deliver my son. He is very knowledgeable and personable and thorough. The wait time in his office is terrible though.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Dr. Dennis Eckel's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)

Amerigroup