Ratings for Dr. Marie C. Cebert

Dr. Cebert is an excellent Doctor. If you have a little wait it is well worth it. She will listen to you and try to find the problem. She has been my Family physician for several years and has helped me many times. She will spend time with you to listen.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

I have been a patient of hers for over ten years, while I do agree that most of her staff is rude, and don't go without ant appointment, actually talking to her is a great thing. She is very smart and is an all around great person. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

I am a new patient (Medicare) with Dr. Cebert. I found her staff to be timely and helpful. I found Dr. Cebert to be on-time, attentive, and responsive to learning about my medical history and conditions. I departed from my appointment fully satisfied.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Having just moved to Providence, I thought it would be convenient to see a doctor who was right in the area. My military family moved often , but I had never had a bad experience with a doctor, so I was not worried about seeing a new one as I'd done so many times before, despite the poor reviews she had on this site and many others. I now deeply regret ignoring bad reviews in the hopes of finding a decent doctor in a convenient location. From the moment I walked into the office, I had a bad feeling; the staff was not very friendly or helpful and seemed flustered that another new patient came at the same time as me, saying that they had never had to deal with two new patients at once before. I filled out my paperwork promptly and turned it in 5-10 minutes after arriving, but sat in the waiting room for another 45 minutes before I was taken back to a room and given a gown to put on. Since all I came in for was a well woman check, I did not expect the office visit to take very long, but I could not have been more wrong. I waited in the room in a horrible paper gown that covered next to nothing and fell asleep on the exam table waiting for the doctor to come in. After an hour, she finally decides to show up, but does not apologize for the wait, introduce herself, or even ask my name. With no small talk, let alone explaining what she is doing, she starts the pelvic exam and seems not to care about what I am feeling at all. Now, I am young and have not had many of these exams, but they have always been pretty pleasant-- this one HURT. I was in great discomfort to the point of pain, and that's saying something, as I have a relatively high threshold for pain. I continued to have a dull aching pain for at least another hour after the exam, and was very unhappy. After she finished, she told me I had to schedule another appointment to get my results, even though I work an hour out of town and explained that I expected everything to be normal, as it always is, so I would rather get the results over the phone or in the mail. She was not empathetic at all about the fact that I would have to take off from work to come in again, and told me I had to come in (so she could charge for another office visit, no doubt). Anyway, she dismissed me and said the nurse would schedule another appointment for me, then left. When I came back to get my results, they told me they had overcharged me for my copay last time and I would have to use the balance next time I came in. I waited to discuss this further until after I spoke with the doctor, because I was already planning to never come back. This time, I only had to wait 15-20 minutes in the room before the doctor came in, once again did not ask about me or even greet me. She just stared at the paperwork in her folder while she told me everything was normal with my exam, that I am very healthy, and that everyone should have as good of test results as I had. Then she sent me on my not-so-merry way without even looking at me. Needless to say, I asked for copies of all the exam results in my file and for the number to the billing office to get my money back and hightailed it out of there. Long story short, I would NEVER recommend Dr. Marie Cebert to anyone, and I highly advise everyone to stay away!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

I need a prescription of a scheduled substance which requires me to see a Dr every month for a refill. I switched from one Dr that took 3hrs to see (appt or not) to Dr cebert. First couple times were fine. In and out in under 30 mins (again all I need is an RX refill). Past couple times have been ~2hrs. Writing this review in a patient room waiting for her this very moment. I can hear her making small talk in another patient room. This will be the last time.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Had the WORST experience of my life with Dr Cebert.Left her office in tears! She asked why I was there,I started to tell her my symptoms&she immediately began telling me what we should do/test.I told her that I had them done recently(provided records ahead of time&had them in her hands). She got really nasty with me&said "WHAT do you want ME to do?" I said "YOU are the doctor and I came here for YOUR help to find out what's wrong." She closed my file and said "I know what to do. How about I give you your money back&you find another doctor?" Then she walked out of the room! I was FLOORED,devastated,and completely appalled at her behavior. Even her staff didn't know how to react&were extremely apologetic. I was extremely disappointed because I did notice all of the Christian items& eading material in her waiting room so I was excited that this was going to be a good fit. What I CAN tell you is that the way she treated me, was not very Christ-like at all.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

Staff is really rude and unprofessional. Not an empathetic or personable bunch. Been going to her for years and making an appt has become nearly impossible. When I have had appts or been as a walk-in I have had it generally take no less than 2 hrs. By the time Dr. Cebert gets in there I am frustrated and have to go about my day and do not have time to go over her favorite lessons in the Bible. She is an amazing person but the staff and time management leaves LOTS to be desired. Looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

I agree. She don't have any knowledge in the Medical field. She can't read lab work. I would not recommend her to anybody. Her family alone with the rest on the staff is not friendly. You wait hours to see her and then she want to talk and not check you out.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

She's very good but she wants to talk for 2 hours plus u might wait another hour don't make any plans.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

Dr Cebert is a very googd doctor.We had no problems with her.She is a very good woman.More than 15 people have seen this doctor and is very happy eith her.She is a true blessing.Ignore all of these bad reviews!If you are looking for a doctor,go to her she is a very good doctor.Whether hard or easy what she advises you to do(medical wise)is what works.Me and my family have no problems with her,and she resbonds very well to children.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

Dr. Marie C. Cebert's Credentials

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1995)

MSP/BC Med