Ratings for Dr. Neal L. Kaplan

I will forever regret taking my daughter to this doctor. He put my daughter through 2 years of torture only for her to end up going to another orthodonist at the NYU Dental Center to re-do everything he said he did but actually did not. The students at the NYU Dental Center did a much better job that this inept doctor ever did. Also please be advised that he bills the insurance company for work he did not do. I would review my dental insurance statements and when I inquiry about his charges, he would be very defensive for questioning him. He is a horrible doctor and should have his license revoked.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

When I finally found a good orthodontist, he was horrified at the techniques used by Dr. Kaplan. He said that Dr Kaplan used "dinosaur era" techniques. Between his condescending attitude and inability to be competent at his job, I would urge anyone considering using him to walk the other way immediately.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

worst orthodontist in the world. Doesn't know when you re in pain and needs to learn how to treat a patient. He also does not know how to treat his employees, He uses unnecessary tools that take more time to settle in. He made the same mistake in my mouth not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES. He says he doesnt know how it happens and refuses to help. I do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Went in for bunching of lower teeth. Told me I needed to correct a crossbite. I had no problem with my bite, but he convinced me it would cause problems. After crossbite correction now my bite is uneven (Malocclusion). When I told him he said my teeth would settle. It has been over a year and a half, my teeth have not settled. When I went back and told him he said but your teeth are straight you have a nice smile. I had a nice smile before, now my bite is uneven. When he advised me to fix my crossbite why did he not raise the Malocclusion issue? Now I wonder whether I really had a crossbite issue. I had braces 15 years ago and was never told I had a crossbite. BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN A DOCTOR TELLS YOU TO FIX SOMETHING THAT YOU DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH. Pump the breaks and get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2011