Ratings for Dr. Alan W. Berger

Great Doctor. you can wait sometimes a while and don't always get to see him because he is in a delivery, but when you do get to see him , he gives you unlimited amount of time and attention.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

he is as great you can be! couldn't have had a better experience

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

I used Dr berger for 2 kids. Now with my 3rd his schedule changed and he's unwilling to accommodate me. I waited in his office for over an hour and no one else was in the office only for him to tell me I have to go to a delivery. The office staff is disgusting, never give messages only when u say emergency do u get a call back. I am sad to have to change after using him for 7 years, he was good while he lasted. I forgot to mention that I recommended so many people to him.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

At first I honestly thought that I was getting the best service ever.Both Dr Alan and Marc (his brother) do not stop talking about their personal stories and experiences. With every question you get, expect a 20 minute answer. Yes, they know their stuff, but I am interested in a simple straightforward answer. Don't bother being on time for your appointment, since they are always running late. Yaani is the only responsible nurse/secretary there. The others are terrible. They do not give over messages and are so rude! Messages are returned by the Dr after calling a million times and yes, secretaries changing often...I lost one of my babies, and by my 6 week check up both the nurse AND Dr asked me how old my baby is now...... So WHO is reading their notes????? So insensitive, and unprofessional. Very disappointing! I have another co worker who used him, and has decided not to use him again, after her bad experience with him as well.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

Dr Berger is great ! I went for my first visit and will definitely be using him now. He is very nice lowkey caring and helpful

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

I started to see Dr. Berger over 10 years ago when I was 12 weeks pregnant with my first child. He is competent, friendly, respects your choices (I didn't want the epidural) and has a great sense of humor! Wouldn't go anywhere else...

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

I am pregnant with my second child and tell everyone I could only do this process all over again with Dr Berger. HE is highly competent,compassionate and thorough. I am also a former medical office administrator so I pick apart any other medical office I go to BUT NOT this one.Yes the staff does change somewhat often but in the medical world all over the state-this is the way it goes. It has nothing to do with the Drs.For staff I rated #4 and punctuality-hey what Drs can you see on time ? Especially ones that also deliver babies all through the day and night? I have no complaints just trying to make things clear to online reviewers.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

Dr. Berger is amazing. however his staff giving him his messages are not so good. He always took his time with us, and explained any questions we had. We came with a bunch of questions each time.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

Dr. Alan Berger is not a bad person. He is however a mediocre doctor at best, a pass=MD physician. I had a test for HPV in August of 2006 and was not told that I had tested positive for carcinogenic HPV until January 2007 and that was because I chose to go for a checkup. I was offered no alternatives to rid my body of HPV. The office staff is utterly ignorant and rude and changes monthly. However his nurse is very caring and compassionate. She is the best aspect of his practice. Phone calls placed by frightened women about their test results are considered a nuisance in Dr. Berger's office. I eventually rid my body of HPV by getting BETA MANNAN (a very powerful vitamin E) by Dr. Glickman. You can Google this online and do more research.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2007

wonderful doctor.very attentive and friendly. great staff.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2006

Dr. Alan W. Berger's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1990)