Ratings for Dr. David Nunn

My wife and I had been thru the mill trying to find a family doctor after ours left his practice unexpectedly. Dr. Nunn is our sixth doctor since that time and I appreciate several factors of his being our doctor. #1 is am never waiting an hour after my appointed time to get in and see him. #2 is that he "seems" to me to be a good doctor and I have never had any issues getting referred to specialists or for tests. #3 is he seems to have a stable practice so hopefully he'll be our doctor for a long time to come. #4 and I mean no disrespect here, he speaks very good English which I appreciate after having some I couldn't understand and they couldn't understand me. #5 is he has never failed to verse me in what he thinks is wrong, what he thinks we should do. He doesn't just send you out the door to see another doctor without telling you why he's doing it. #6 is he's a decent guy trying to make a living in a province that pays doctors the least with a government that has spent years chasing good doctors out of the province. #7 is he actually seems to care about me and believe me when I say I don't make that an easy task.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

He pushes loads of sample packs. He won't send patients to specialists. Seen it many times his patients are forced into getting a second opinion. Usually the second opinion results in surgery or treatment of some kind. When Nunn learns of the outcome of the second opinion he drops the patient. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like his wife was writing the more positive reviews. It's awfully funny how similar the language is in each of the positive reviews.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Superb Dr. saved by Dad's life! High recommend him! Very knowledgeable, kind & caring.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr Nunn has been my family doctor since he established his practice in the valley. He's a very busy man but he always takes the time to listen to his patients. His personality is an A+++ . I've dealt with a lot of doctors in recent years. This guy is a def favorite. A good guy with lots of integrity.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Doesn't listen to patients and has stick up his butt. Do not recommend.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

This guy is a QUACK...I don't understand how he gets 5 stars..If there was a way to give a negative rating I would. He misdiagnosed my Dad back in '04 & it resulted in my father passing in '05. Now my mother refuses to go to him for anything because "he won't do anything for me so what's the point". How this "doctor" still has a license is beyond me.Stay away from him at all costs.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Wish there were more ability to give 6 stars! Knowledgeable, years experience, not a lot of unnecessary testing and procedures, punctual with excellent support staff. What more can you ask for!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Nunn has been my doctor for more than a decade. As I'd traveled a lot, I've had a lot of doctors. in the past I've had doctors I liked, but I have never had a doctor that I liked nearly as much as I do Dr. Nunn. He is laid back, because he has chosen a small town lifestyle for his family. Some might think this means he does not care. I would not be one of them. He has diligently searched out my options immediately, whenever something has occurred beyond a family doctors purview. I would recommend Dr. Nunn to anyone, anytime.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Dr. Nunn has been my doctor for several years and I find him an eccellent doctor. I all love the pre screening. done by a professional nurse. Very rare in this day and age. He always takes time to listen and he is exceptional with young children. He also DOES HOUSE CALLS, to provide healthcare to elderlly patients when needed. He is a very compassionate man and an exceptional family physician.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

I have been with Dr. Nunn for 13 years since moving to Nova Scotia from Ontario. I have had a few serious health issues. He is a calm, careful, well informed and he does not push medications. Over this time under his care, I have had a number of difficult decisions regarding specialist treatments and discovered that his calm and clear information allowed me to make them without second guessing myself afterwards. I trust this doctor and hope you too have the privilege of being his patient.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014