Ratings for Dr. William A. Abelove

This is Dr. Tara Solomon. Most of you know that our beloved Dr. William Abelove passed away unexpectedly earlier this year I have been seeing many of his hormone and thyroid patients as I have a relationship with the P illBox Pharmacy in Weston. Please go to drtarasolomon.com or Dr. Tara Solomon Facebook on Google.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

I was trying to get my refill on a prescription when I was told by my pharmacy that Dr Abelove had passed away. His office is closed and the numbers are no longer in service. He was an amazing Dr.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I saw dr. Abelove a couple years ago and now I'm trying to get in contact with his office and the numbers are disconnected. Does anyone know their new number

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Its 2:16 office staff suppose to be back at 2pm...this is typical of his staff, plan on a half a day wait to see Dr Abelove.... He needs a new staff....

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

Dr Abelove is a great doctor. Listens to his patients and treats them accordingly, doesn't just treat you by numbers. Really cares how you are feeling. His staff on the other hand, leave a lot to be desired. They never pick up the phone when calling to make an appointment and if you leave a message, they rarely call you back. They are constantly overbooking patients as well. As a matter of fact, I have now been waiting to see the doctor for almost 2hrs!! Dr Abelove is a great doctor and I would hate to have to go elsewhere, but this is unacceptable. Be prepared to wait a LONG time if you book an appt at this office!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

I ended up at this practice because I got an appointment within the week of my call. Dr. Abelove is so knowledgeable! He made me feel comfortable and gain my trust by explaining everything to detail. He even sent to have me tested for a condition I didn't even realize I could have, but he noticed it just by looking at me. I am currently awaiting results and will continue to see him. I think he is experienced and you can't put a price on that.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2013

The best in the country for hormone levels.Anti aging expert..

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

Excellent knowledge and willing to share it. Thorough care and good references. I am very happy to find him.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Not a bad doctor, although doesnt respect privacy much. The walls in the office are paper thin and he talks loud. You hear everything he tells the patients in the room next to you. You have to tell him to whisper but he still talks pretty loud. Also absolutely impossible to get a hold of. Just forget calling. Way understaffed will literally take you days to get a hold of someone on the phone to get an appt a month or two out. Most frustrating thing. Try another doctor your health may depend on it!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Dr. Abelove is a very nice and caring doctor. He wants you to feel your best and will go beyond what the blood tests say to give you the meds that have you feeling better (I had my thyroid removed 9 yrs. ago). He put me on armour thyroid and stronger dose, where other doctors put me on less and wouldn't even consider armour thyroid nor consider listening to me and how I crummy I was feeling. That said there are two downfalls: his office is almost impossible to get a hold of and I am afraid he will retire soon. Ugh, what will I do then?

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

Dr. William A. Abelove's Credentials

• Russian

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1951)

Assurant
GHI

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is Dr. Tara Solomon. Most of you know that our beloved Dr. William Abelove passed away unexpectedly earlier this year I have been seeing many of his hormon..."

September 20, 2014
  • First Name changed from "William" to "William A."

October 20, 2013
  • City changed from "MIAMI" to "Weston"

April 11, 2012