Ratings for Dr. Patricia M. Zylman

I liked her honesty and she gave me useful information regarding nutrition. Her bedside manner is quirky, but she is brilliant. I liked her so much, I recommended her to my daughter.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

I had a great experience with her maybe she's a new Christian and just wants to save everyone but I do believe in her nutrition and I commend her on that if people would listen to her advice on health and nutrition they probably would be on way less medication and I think she knows what she's talking about when it comes to nutrition and healing your body she's not a pill Pusher or a surgery fanatic like the doctor that I just left his office.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Zylman's 8 years ago. She was my OBGYN for around 3 years. When my husband and I decided we would like to have children I expressed my worries to Dr. Zylman about my ability to conceive. She assured me I would have no problems and she brushed off my concerns. I had shared several times with her that intercourse was painful for me. She ran tests and eventually ignored my complaints. She went so far as to tell me I had a redundant v*g*n*. (I realized after that she was more than likely calling me this as opposed to giving me a term I could research. It is actually a condition but if I researched correctly 8 years ago it often happens after a woman gives birth.) I floundered between OB docs after she told me this, I can take a hint. I finally found a Dr. that would take my complaints seriously two years ago. He found that my uterus was attached to my abdominal wall by endometriosis, something that in hindsight had been that way for many years. I know it was because the massive amount of pain I felt when I sneezed was relieved by detaching the organ from my abdominal wall. It also made a big difference in the pain I felt during intercourse. I just underwent my second surgery this time a large amount of tissue was removed from the inside of my uterus. I don't know how long that tissue was there, the first surgery focused on the endometriosis and when we were still not conceiving we started investigating further. I am 41, Dr. Zylman stole from me through neglect. She stole my faith in medicine, I truly thought it was me or in my head. She stole my possibility to conceive while I was young enough not to be considered a geriatric pregnancy. I would not recommend her. She neglected me and I hope reading this will help some other person find another Dr. that will be responsive and helpful, things she absolutely failed me as a physician with.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

When she walked in, I noticed that she had “Judgement is Coming” embroidered on her lab coat. I did not notice this during my annual appointment last year. She asked me some questions about my medical history and acted skeptical about my answers. When her assistant came in and she conducted my exam. When her assistant left, I remained on the table with just the paper sheets. She looked the medical questionnaire given to me by the office staff when I entered and noticed that I had marked “low $e* drive”. I am the mother of two small children and I have a doctorate in biochemistry. I manage a contract that oversees research in the Middle East for the United States Agency for International Development. I am extremely busy and tired most of the time, and this may explain my answer to this question. I was not going to discuss this issue, but since it was on her medical questionnaire, I answered it. She addressed this issue and then asked me about my religious views since I had marked ‘other’ on her questionnaire. I briefly stated them, although I thought this was quite personal. She told me she was Christian then accused me of thinking that I was “God”. I stated that this was not the case. She then started to discuss the big bang theory and then drifted into how men have high blood pressure if they don’t have $e*. She continued by asking me about my motivations for having $e*. She answered her own question and said that if I have the world view she supposes I do, then my motivations are ultimately selfish. I asked her if she was calling me selfish and she did not directly answer my question. She continued by questioning the nature of the relationship between my husband and me. I told her that in no way can she ascertain the nature of my relationship with my husband, the father of my children, in half an hour. I told her I did not agree with anything she was saying. She then asked me why I answered the $e* drive question on the questionnaire. I said, “Because it is there.” She then she was sorry if I we entered into a conversation that I didn’t want to have and left the room. As I left, I felt judged because my beliefs differed from hers and that she did not offer medical advice directly related to the questionnaire she administers and then discusses in appointments. She did not administer ethical medical care due to her religious beliefs, and demeaned her patient in the process.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

very unhelpful, almost came across as rude... religious views are very apparent. Seemed that she'd rather give me advice on nutrition than any of the reasons I scheduled my appointment. Will not be returning.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

She is a complete and total whacko, she should not be allowed to practice medicine

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

So yesterday I had my first appointment with DR. Zylman. She should not be allowed to practice medicine!!!!! I was told that to help my my hormonal issue....that i had proof of i brought the blood work results with me....that the only way things would get better is if I went to church!!!!! First of all I came with a medical issue and did not ask for any religious advice!!!!! I am a very strong Christian and walk the walk daily!!!! I do not need someone to tell me how to live my personal life!!! I needed a dr to fix my hormonal imbalance. She did not request anything medicine supplements etc. She told me I could take all the medicine, pellets, supplements but the only thing that would work is church!!!!! It was like going to church and talking about politics!!! I cant not describe in writing how uncomfortable and how UNPROFESSIONAL this situation was. I left and immediately called the office manager and told her i would NEVER be back and why all she had to say was sorry for your experience!!!! Really how about our DR has lost her mind.....i came for medical advice NOT RELIGIOUS ADVICE!!!!! Stay away......I was and still am shell shocked and I will be spreading the word about my experience so that no one else will have to go throught it. The only reason I did not confront the Dr. is because my mom taught me top respect people, but boy did i want to let her have it!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

If there was a zero option I would've chose that. I have been going to her for 12 years and for the first time at my annual today she decided to give me her thoughts on religion. I am on medication for a diagnosis of bi polar and she basically told me that I need to look at my thought process and how it relates to God. I had post partum psychosis with both of my children and was hospitalized twice. She questioned my need for medication which is completely unethical. I will never go back!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Dr. Zylman was very informative and answered all of my questions completely. Her staff was very courteous and professional. However, they wait to tell you after you're finished filling out paperwork that due to the Dr's religious beliefs she will NOT prescribe birth control to women who are sexually active but NOT married, unless you have out of control cramping and need it to ease the symptoms. I would have not driven 45 minutes to this office if I would have read that in a review or online. They are not clear about it and do not inform you of this until you have finished your paper work they will hand you a pamphlet and its in fine print on the very bottom of the back of the sheet. In addition to this pleasant surprise, Dr. Zylman had the audacity to interrogate me on my choice of tattoos on my own body, due to her religious beliefs. This ended up making me feel very uncomfortable, I will never be returning.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I too left the office in tears. She basically told me food and a ninja blender would heal my 3 year medical issues. My 1st visit, was about Jesus. She gave me a Bible to read. I will never go back.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr. Patricia M. Zylman's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1990)

HealthFirst