Ratings for Dr. Patrick G. Haggerty

I was exposed to mold and my pcp called Haggerty just to get me tested. I was refused to be seen by any doctors in that group because I have Lyme disease. Telltale sign they don't bother to educate themselves beyond what they learned in med school, all those years ago.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

this is the most caring and knowledgeable doctor that I have ever been to. He cares about his patients.I am allergic to most antibiotics and was sick with mersa, he found one that took care of it .If he found out that I was in the hospital and his services weren't required , he would still stop by my room to see me. I hope that I don't need a infectious disease doctor again but if I do or anyone else I know does, I will certainly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

I was diagnosed with MRSA and I ask him about getting on a ph Diet(because I have r ead so much on how if your body is at the right ph, your body can fight off disease and actually cure MRSA. He said he never heard of a PH diet. He told me if I have had MRSA I will always have it in your body and may be dormit for years. He sugested to use a sulfer soap. He said I was not contagious(that one blew my mind.) His responses to me was not surprizing since I caught it at Riverside Hospital while I stayed with my mom for 10 days. When I went to the ER downstairs I was ignored, my face was on fire and no one would help me for hours. While waiting for help I kept my head under the sink under cold water. Then I passed out in the wheel chair while waiting. When I woke I was nearly on the floor and the nurses of duty did nothing to help. They only got pissed off the more I ask for help. They said I had a abscesed tooth. Two days later Sentara Hospital gave correct diagnos MRSA and meds were given.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2008

He seemd confused at my appointment for shingles. It was as if he had never seen it before. He kept telling me to stay away from the children. My family doctor said he was good, but I thought he needed to go back to school.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2006

Dr. Patrick G. Haggerty's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1980)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal