Ratings for Dr. Glen H. Silas

HANDS DOWN THE BEST OB/GYN IN TOWN!! He delivered my first child and I would't want to go to anyone else besides Dr. Silas. He is the perfect combination of professional while being equally sensitive to your needs. While some of the other doctors in the practice tried to encourage me to schedule a c-section with my first (due to the large size of the baby), Dr. Silas told me to do what I felt comfortable with and that since it was my first, I am unaware of what my body is capable of. Of course he told me the risks as well, but he was extremely supportive of my decision to try naturally. He never rushes you during your appointments and makes you feel as though you are the only patient that matters at that time. He is diligent about calling back with test results - he called me once at 745AM because he knew I was anxiously waiting for test results and relieved my anxiety for the rest of the day. He is truly a doctor that cares about you and I have referred several of my friends to him because I want all of them to experience the same top notch care from him as I get every time I visit. Capital Women's Care is an amazing practice in general and Dr. Silas just makes them that much more special! Thanks for all your hard work Dr. Silas, you are dearly loved by our family!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Dr. Silas is a wonderful doctor. He's the angel without wings. I went to so many doctors and I have never met a doctor like Dr. Silas. He's not arrogant and unapproachable as other doctors out there. He is genuinly a gifted doctor from God. I was so blessed to have him as my obgyn. During the labor he was so patient, so kind, so supportive, so professional... the list is just endless. It is very important to have a good obgyn during your labor. He's the most amazing person and talented doctor! He always talks to you, explains you. He cares about his patients. I do not have enough words to say about this wonderful doctor! I moved to a different state now, but I miss Dr. Silas and the whole practice, The Capitol Women's Care. This practice is the best obgyn practice. In addition I think the doctors in this practice, the staff and management has an amazing culture. We love you, Dr Silas! I would like to move back to VA temporarily if I get pregnant again. Thank you so much for making a difference in every family's, mom's , child's life!!!!! God Bless You, Dr. Silas!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I'm not usually compelled to write in, but after such great experiences with Dr. Silas and his office staff I felt I had to say something. He is such a nice person and is never is a rush. He makes sure all your questions are answered and never pressures you because he has another appointment to attend to. He treats his practice as a service where he wants to keep his "customers" or patients in this case and I find that to be so refreshing. Great doc, great office!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

been with practice since mid 80's - happy with all the partners - saw Dr. Silas in 94 and made him my "primary" at the practice. Excellent manner, thoughtful on YOUR needs and YOUR situation. Recently had surgery - excellent results, quick recovery. Hosp. staff also commented on the quality of care from Dr. Silas AND the whole practice.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

He assisted me in delivering my twins all natural, when no one else would. Amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

I can't say ANYTHING negative about Dr. Silas. I have been going to this group for about four years (before I had my daughter) and they are so caring. The WHOLE staff is caring. Recently, I had a personal issue and had to cancel my appointment, Dr. Silas took the time to see me at the end of his patients because I was late and talked to me and took his time to listen although my issue had nothing to do with gynecology (it was a post op visit which should last like 5 minutes). I LOVE Dr. Silas and the other docs too. Ann delivered my daughter. I LOVE how they introduce you to all the docs so that you won't have some random person deliver your baby. I refer a lot of the patients from the practice I work for (because we only practice GYN and no longer OB) to his practice. AGAIN, I LOVE Dr. Silas and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2009

Dr. Silas has one of the best bedside manners out there. He's knowledgable and does a fantastic job of explaining and answering questions. He did several of my prenatal appointments, and he's just a competent, warm, compassionate doctor. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

I have bipolar disorder. Before this diagnosis came out, Dr. Silas was WONDERFUL. He listened, he was so kind, he delivered my elder child. After it ... changed. He was distant. He thought I was drug seeking (note: I never take narcotics, nor have I ever abused substances). He was told by an emergency physician I'd gone to the ER over 20 times in a year - WHICH was not true, and I sent proof from my insurance company and the hospital. Dr. Silas continued to ignore my pain. I finally was told by him to just go to a pain management clinic. And it was then I switched to Dr. Hafner - what an AMAZING change. She diagnosed me with endometriosis in two visits, and I'm on my way to being out of pain. No thanks to Dr. Silas. I hate to say this, because I did like him, but he's got prejudice against bipolar for some reason. So I changed practices and my problem was fixed.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2008

I LOVE Dr. Silas. I have been going to him for gyn check ups for many years. Before the exam, we sit in his office and chat. He doesn't rush and seems genuinely interested in getting to know me as a patient before conducting an exam. I usually go to the Fairfax office. His staff is very nice and I have had no problems getting prescriptions refilled or called in to a pharmacy. On occassions I have had trouble getting through to reach a person for questions about prescriptions or symptoms. However, I always get a prompt call back from a nurse when I request one. I will continue to go to Dr. Silas and I want him as my ob-gyn when my husband and I start a family.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Dr Silas is wonderful! Prenatal visits, gyn visits, we've done it all and I've been very pleased with his care. He has a very matter of fact yet sensitive attitude that puts you at ease quickly. Plus, he's really interested in your life and wants to know whats going on with you, so you know he cares (or does a really excellent job faking it!:). Overall, he's a very gentle, compassionate doctor, and even took the time to calm me down before we got started when I was especially nervous during one visit--when you're with him you're the most important person in the room. I wouldn't go to anyone else! In the past the office staff hasn't been the greatest, but seems to be getting better, too. I really just can't say enough good things!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2008

Dr. Glen H. Silas's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1997)

GHI