Ratings for Kelly Mcaleer

Dr. McAleer was extremely helpful. Does not just answer questions with other questions like all my previous therapist's. She really changed my view on therapy.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

I was in therapy 1 time before this and it was such a terrible time that I thought I would never try again. Guess I didn;t figure life would be so painful. Personally, I hate therapy LOL. BUT, this experience with Dr. McAleer has shown me that it is helpful, but it also matters what therapist you go to. Meeting wih Doctor McAleer, she makes you feel like she gets you and no matter what crazy things I tell her, she doesn't judge. I don't even get the feeling that she's judgeing me in her head! LOL. It's amazing how she can make you feel normal and hopeful, even when you start out totally hopeless. She is clearly smart and also educated about how to help people. I have not been seeing her that long but I felt like it was important to right a review because I know there are others like me that think therapy blows LOL. I wanted to tell people that it doesn't have to. Look around and find one you like. If you live in NY or North NJ you should try to see DR. McAleer. She's stellar!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013