Ratings for Dr. Richard F. Fowler

This dr did not listen to what I was saying. He had already made up his mind in regards to what was wrong with me. He told me I had a certain disease which I did not b/c the symptoms were caused by high blood sugars. I would not go back to this dr unless I was desperate and in serious pain. He needs to work on his listening skills and convey to the patient what she has told him so the patient knows he understood her.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

He knows nothing about thyroid disease. I went to him with every hypothyroid symptom in the book, but all he cared about was the TSH test which was in the normal range. He refused to test for Free T3, refused to let me try Armour mixed T4/T3 thyroid hormone, saying it was dangerous. He told me that all my symptoms were probably from child abuse and not from thyroid, and that I was reading too much on the Internet. Told me to forget about thyroid. I told him I would forget about thyroid if he would help me find the "real" cause. He said we would never be able to find the real cause, and that I should just deal with symptoms for the rest of my life. Turns out my Free T3 is very low and my problems ARE from thyroid. He WAS patient and took his time, though, and ran a few tests, which was nice.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2006

After seeing this doctor for 4 years in good health. I became ill..this doctor ignored my plea for help, that I was extremely fatigued. Dr. Fowler depended only on blood work to diagnose me. I changed doctors and found out I had Hashimotos Thyroiditis.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2006

Dr. Richard F. Fowler's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guerrero, Esc De Med, Acapulco, Guerrero, Mexico (Grad. 1982)