Ratings for Dr. Mark C. Beal

I went in for a consultation because I felt a lot of sensitivity in one of my teeth. They told me I had 4 cavities, so they made me an appointment to get two cavities filled. I told him that I am sensitive with needles, and he said he is very careful and that there is only a 1 in 1,000 chance that dentists hit a main artery. Later that night, I felt like a boxer hit me in the jaw. I got a bill from the office for an extra $230 on top of the $300 my insurance covered! They said that my cavities were "extra large", and cost more to fill. I went home a few weeks later to see my dentist to evaluate the "other cavities" and ask them why I grind my teeth so much. My own dentist told me that I must have been misdiagnosed because I DO NOT HAVE two more cavities, just tooth sensitivity. They told me I was grinding my teeth a lot because the last fillings I was given (By Dr. Beal) were poorly done, so my natural bite was extremely off.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010